Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-30-2003, 12:47 AM

Default \"Rhetorical questions\" ?!

"A rhetorical question or for that matter 35 rhetorical questions do not require an answer."

It's your prerogative to consider the questions posed by a Republican Congressman to his President as rhetorical. (The term could be correct technically since the Congessman was not really expecting an answer from the idiot at the White House!) But, of course, they are not truly questions that do not require an answer. These questions go to the very heart of the matter and this is why no one from the current American administration dared answer them.

Most of them poo-poo'd them away -- precisely as you did.

"I will answer ont of them for you: President Does Not Need Congress to Wage War"

Tempted to refute one of the questions, in fact one of the basic questions, leads you astray : The Executive Branch in the United States has usurped the power to wage war and Congress decided to hide behind euphemisms such as "active acquiescence"! And the legal justification for this detriment to the U.S. republic is pathetically traced in flimsy sidenotes in irrelevant Supreme Court opinions such as Youngstown Sheet and Tube Co. v. Sawyer. Hang on to it, boys, for dear life.

As a citizen, aren't you the least bit concerned about your State representatives divesting their powers over to the Presidency and thus betraying their mandate? Was the war cry of the American Revolution "Up with the American Congress!" or "Up with our President!" ?? ...Rhetorical questions.
Old 09-30-2003, 02:53 AM

Default Re: CIA Asks for Criminal Probe of White House Treason

[ QUOTE ]
Brokaw also claimed that the White House had called NBC with the leak.

[/ QUOTE ]

Brokaw could have just made this up after intense pressure from left wing goons.

In any event, Novak should have honored the request of the CIA, and not used the operative's name in his article. If her name was intentionally leaked then those responsible need to be punished in accordance with the law. 10 years in the clink and a 50k fine.

Its unfortunate that politics and not justice, is what is going to determine what course this thing takes.

Stu
Old 09-30-2003, 10:32 AM

Making it up? Not likely. Brokaw claims that NBC correspondent Andrea Mitchell actually had the conversation about Plame's identity and that NBC's foreign affairs desk decided not to run it. So they'd have to be in on it too.
Old 09-30-2003, 12:24 PM

Actually, he's confirmed it. Drudge quoting Novak yesterday:

"In July, I was interviewing a senior administration official on Ambassador Wilson's report when he told me the trip [to Niger] was inspired by [Wilson's] wife, a CIA employee working on weapons of mass destruction. Another senior official told me the same thing." CNS
Old 09-30-2003, 12:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Actually, he's confirmed it. Drudge quoting Novak yesterday:

"In July, I was interviewing a senior administration official on Ambassador Wilson's report when he told me the trip [to Niger] was inspired by [Wilson's] wife, a CIA employee working on weapons of mass destruction. Another senior official told me the same thing." CNS

[/ QUOTE ]

I found this interesting from the applicable article in The Drudge Report.

"According to a confidential source at the CIA, Mrs. Wilson was an analyst, not a spy, not a covert operator, and not in charge of undercover operatives."

I'm wondering if this changes any potential criminal charges.
Old 09-30-2003, 12:43 PM

Sounds like a huge difference to me, anyway.
Old 09-30-2003, 01:01 PM

Maybe the Justice Department will consider your opinion and stop their criminal investigation.
Old 09-30-2003, 01:08 PM

Boris you are so obnoxious sometimes--I recall the time you suggested you would like to kick my ass. What exactly is your problem, anyway?
Old 09-30-2003, 01:48 PM

criminal investigation

[ QUOTE ]
Boris you are so obnoxious sometimes

[/ QUOTE ]

No I'm not.

[ QUOTE ]
I recall the time you suggested you would like to kick my ass.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did I really do that? Sorry. I didn't mean it. I'm a lover not a fighter.
Old 09-30-2003, 02:57 PM

In which case the CIA wouldn't have bothered sending two letters to Justice, and Justice wouldn't have upgraded their "probe" to an outright "criminal investigation" last night.

It's just fodder for die-hards that refuse to believe anything negative about Bush.