Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-2003, 12:48 PM

Default Re: 2+2\'ers at Foxwoods II

Hmm you guys do know football season will be in full swing next week, right?

Yeah but my Eagles don't play until Monday night, so it'll be all good.

-- Homer
Old 09-02-2003, 01:58 PM

At first I was thinking I'd be down there on Friday and Sunday, most likely not on Saturday. But now I'm reminded about football on Sunday and if there is a large enough contingency of 2+2ers, I'll make it later on Saturday. I'll bring my 500 chip set, who knows maybe a room game will occur?!?

Peace,
Larry Joe
Old 09-08-2003, 04:18 PM

It was great to see JTG, Homer and LarryJoe again as well as to meet MaxPower and Big Lick. Dinner Saturday night was great. Next time we go to the Bistro though; it's a much shorter walk.

34TheTruth34, it was good to realize who you were, since we had played so many times at the Sun previously. By the way, I won't talk about the hand that I watched you play after dinner. Kurn, sorry we missed you, but we all played until very late Sat nite and slept in Sun AM.
Old 09-08-2003, 04:34 PM

I also had a great time and can't wait for the next one. Maybe next time we'll head to AC and try to get some of the AC regulars involved. Too bad only Barry and LarryJoe seemed to have any success at the tables.

Dinner was great. I forgot how much fun it was to sit around with a sizeable group of people that are all excited about poker. It was great meeting all of you and what a fun and friendly group of people.

Thanks to all for a great time and I look forward to seeing all of you again.

--Zack
Old 09-08-2003, 05:05 PM

I had a great time. Dinner was great and it was fun to get to know you guys.

I also got to play with Barry, Angelfish, my alter-ego Homer J. Simpson and LarryJoeFish.

I happened to be in AC a few years ago during the ATLARGE gathering of RGP posters. I played in the pink game with them and didn't think much of their play. These 2+2ers are the real deal.
Old 09-09-2003, 08:41 AM

we all played until very late Sat nite and slept in Sun AM.

I figured as much. I busted out of the tourney at the 100/200 level, when my QQ ran into KK and AA. Poor guy with Aces busted out, too when both a Q and a K flopped.
Old 09-09-2003, 11:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
we all played until very late Sat nite and slept in Sun AM.

[/ QUOTE ]

Except for me, I played staight into the Sunday AM and could have been racking up at 8AM when you were arriving Kurn, I just couldn't leave that game I was in no matter how many times AngelFish asked me.

And frankly, AngelFish was up a rack before Homer, MaxPower, BigLick and Barry, all sat down at her table (she brought them all there) but if you ask her what she left with and if she'd do it again, I'm sure she'd reconsider.

At one point I look over and saw AngelFish, Barry, Homer and BigLick sitting all around the hook of the table...talk about 'Amen Corner'! [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

Thank you for inviting me down you'all and I'm sure if I wasn't severly hung over I would have played much better better but I did manage a 20BB win.

AC sounds cool? Are you going to fly us down Barry? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Great seeing you'all,
Joe
Old 09-10-2003, 12:06 AM

It was nice of Angelfish to pull me out of a bad game and into her good game. She won a few chips off me and I'm gratefull enough not to mention the hand she limped in with.

Playing with you was an experience Joe. I don't think I'll ever forget the hand you played with the A5 - that was genius. You were playing the player and not the cards.
Old 09-10-2003, 08:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Playing with you was an experience Joe. I don't think I'll ever forget the hand you played with the A5 - that was genius. You were playing the player and not the cards.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you very much Max. I would like to post the hand, however, there are so many things that led up to that hand that I'm not sure if I could explain it well enough to avoid getting my a$$ kicked in small stakes. (since it was purely a 'poker' play and not a 'mathmatical' play)

I did notice that you got rivered-multiple times. A few times in my head, I was screaming, 'lay it down'. However, I was well aware that you had just arrived at that table and were unsure of what to think of those players who bet into the preflop raiser (which seemed to bet the going thing at that table).

Make sure you PM me next time you head down to Fox, I'll meet you and 'Lick' down there for sure. Great meeting you.

Chow,
JT
Old 09-10-2003, 09:39 AM

Yep, Angel_Fish wished that she had left us all in our own games as she gave back a little more than 50% of it after she dragged us into the game. It wasn't so bad as I wound up up a little more than she gave back.

She "asked", well "made" me, get up from a good 10/20 game to join her on Sunday night at her 4/8 table. She wasn't real happy when I raised with AQs, she 3-bet with KK and 2 Q's flopped. Somewhere in the hand I got in a checkraise (after, of course, the rake was maxed out).

I'm going to be with my kids or in Vegas for the next 4 weeks. Maybe Columbus day weekend for AC?

What has happenened to Homer and JTG? I know that they had tough weekends but... Come back we miss you!

Maybe they've been spending all their time at Party catching up.