Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-11-2003, 09:05 PM

Default Re: Alright you guys...

your digging yourself right to china john. you have no ear or have lost your mind. get back into poker before you pass the point of no return. try some old paul simon,beatles and
jsut a bunch of oldies. get your head straight and return from the cd world of the burned out internet junkies.
i am available for the usual 100 an hour for consultation on music.
Old 12-12-2003, 05:23 AM

Default I liked it...

sort of like an Italian Leonard Cohen, or maybe an elderly Tom Waits. I'm not sure I'll buy the cd, but I have an irresitable urge to watch Rififi.
Old 12-12-2003, 04:33 PM

Default Vindication!!!!

This is good. I'm partially vindicated. The next step will be for someone to chime in that they liked it so much they're buying it. I mean I don't want to have to buy it for someone for x-mas, just to get *complete* vindication. Unless... maybe for Ray?
Old 12-12-2003, 04:40 PM

Default Ha!

I was getting ready to cave in, to cease being a burned out internet junkie, maybe move to the mountains instead of staying here in the underground music caves. But then Phat Mack came along and vindicated me:

[ QUOTE ]
I liked it...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, that's what he said. Once again:

[ QUOTE ]
I liked it...

[/ QUOTE ]

And soon others will like it and they will post and they will buy it and rave about it and all will be right with the world except that I will have written a sentence that sounds more like Tommy A. than me. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 12-12-2003, 06:14 PM

Default Deal or No Deal?

John,

Here is the deal. I'll buy this and give it a good long listen and see if it grows on me (the Cowboy Junkies took a while) but only if you try the romantic and soothing music of Jackie Gleason. It's the best for badda bing badda bang badda boom if you get my drift. Here is a link:

http://tinyurl.com/yzxf

Deal or no deal?

Regards,

Rick
Old 12-12-2003, 07:52 PM

Default Deal!

Okay, Rick, I'll get the Gleason CD. It sounds pretty good to me actually. Kinds takes me back to the 50s. (though I actually only inhabited the 50s for about 3 years [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]) I'll report back when I've actually ordered it - which will probably be in just a little while. Oh, and Rick, get ready for a major life change. That Italian hill town awaits. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-12-2003, 08:06 PM

Default Done.

Found it for $15 on half.com. And I see a used copy of Paolo's CD there for $12 and new ones as low as $15. Here's a link. (Best of Paolo Conte, 1998. Note that the picture on the cover may be different from the one on Amazon.)
Old 12-13-2003, 05:43 AM

Default Re: Ciao Bella, Paolo! (CD Review)

After reading this thread, I opened my email with mild trepidation wondering if there would be a direct plea (yes, plea) from Feeney himself to partake of this Italian Leonard Cohen (as Phat Mack puts it). There was not such a plea.
The urge to partake of the samples grew rapidly, and despite anticipating sour results (perhaps this prejudiced me beyond recovery), I played said samples. Well, not all the samples, as it was decreed that the last one would be left to "grow" unmolested by my ear, and perhaps in time would morph into something for later generations to ponder.

In the interest of forum sanity I figured that it would be wise to give Feeney as little chance to keep this thread afloat as possible and I would not produce my own review.

However, I do think that Zeno's humorous post details some of that 'Je nais c'est pas' even Zee could not verbalize,

"most are either lurid slow death tunes, morbid gruel, drooling sap, raw dripping chatter trash with discordant piano background, insipid drivel, or Tony Bennett on Opium."

And of course the diplomatic, " You may not like it but I can’t help it – this guy makes me sick.", unmasks the mystique.

Finally, Rick quite seriously asks, "BTW. is this guy good because he is so bad it is good? I mean sort of like the movie "Plan 9 From Outer Space.". Are not sometimes questions the best answers?

But the time between football seasons is short, and despite the stress of the upcoming holiday season, it is expected that Dr. Feeney will recover from this episode and return to normal (normal within his previously established parameters, that is). There is no need yet for the forum to panic, and,no, his posting privileges should not yet be revoked , although a close eye should be kept out for evidence of further decline, and access to garageband.com be limited.

An no, Mr. Zee, he should NOT be encouraged to post further recommendations until after the echoes of the trauma fade.

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

SV

Old 12-13-2003, 03:20 PM

Default Re: Done.

John,

Thanks for the link but I already ordered it through Amazon along with some other stuff . I'll give it a fair listen and let you know if this "grows" on me. Of course, maybe it would help if I learned Italian first [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

~ Rick
Old 12-13-2003, 06:14 PM

Default Re: Done...

[img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]..ok, rick..

how about a tretise on regular paychek vs. pro poker...please cover feelings about what you feel about what other people are thinking about your taking a paycheck...

tia

gl [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]