Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-16-2005, 05:35 PM

Default Re: Breaking into $33s, negative ROI, requesting hand help

[ QUOTE ]
cards happen

[/ QUOTE ]
Exactly...

But for an inexperienced player like me, it's hard to see the cards happening from the poor play, when you have -ROI and can't find any obvious leaks.

I'm fine with -luck streaks and realize it's a cost of doing business. But when I'm playing a new level or a new game, it's really hard for me to just sit back and wait for a few thousand SNGs to go by before I question my play.
Old 12-16-2005, 06:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
cards happen

[/ QUOTE ]
Exactly...

But for an inexperienced player like me, it's hard to see the cards happening from the poor play, when you have -ROI and can't find any obvious leaks.

I'm fine with -luck streaks and realize it's a cost of doing business. But when I'm playing a new level or a new game, it's really hard for me to just sit back and wait for a few thousand SNGs to go by before I question my play.

[/ QUOTE ]

You shouldnt obsess over bad luck. Thats what you had here, just bad luck. Nothing you can do sometimes but smile, keep your cool, and fire up another one.

I have a feeling there are many more hands that you could post other than this that would give you a better idea of where your leaks are. As for this hand, he hit his jack, got lucky, you busted.

How many $33s have you played? Bad beats like this can only be the reason for your -ROI if you have very few...otherwise, maybe you should email HHs to someone if you cant seem to find any leaks yourself. and if you cant, you probably arent being objective enough about your game and should be doing this anyway. good luck
Old 12-16-2005, 06:03 PM

I might fold to the turn push actually. You are beating 43 but that's about it.
Old 12-16-2005, 06:16 PM

Dude, he may be behind, but you have to at least allow for lots and lots of possible hands that he's beating. The villian's play does not have to make sense to you.
Old 12-16-2005, 06:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Dude, he may be behind, but you have to at least allow for lots and lots of possible hands that he's beating. The villian's play does not have to make sense to you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, but what hands he's beating call the flop & suddenly go berserk on the turn?

however you may well be right. i am too hungry to be thinking straight, i think.
Old 12-16-2005, 06:34 PM

I will take on the dangerous task of putting myself in the mind of the villian.

"woah, another diamond, I better bet my king", "woah, QT almost has a straight, I'd better protect my King", "good old KQ, come on, call me sucker", "QT, well that's 3 to a straight, woah, I almost have a straight!" "wow, 3 diamonds, OMFG, 4 diamonds!" "you might have a hand, but you can't call for all your chips, all in baby" "whenever someone bet about 2x their flop bet it's a bluff" "man QQ is a good hand" "I know I'm supposed to take a big gamble and try and double up early" "slider-man, slider-man, does whatever the slider can" etc.
Old 12-16-2005, 07:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I will take on the dangerous task of putting myself in the mind of the villian.

"woah, another diamond, I better bet my king", "woah, QT almost has a straight, I'd better protect my King", "good old KQ, come on, call me sucker", "QT, well that's 3 to a straight, woah, I almost have a straight!" "wow, 3 diamonds, OMFG, 4 diamonds!" "you might have a hand, but you can't call for all your chips, all in baby" "whenever someone bet about 2x their flop bet it's a bluff" "man QQ is a good hand" "I know I'm supposed to take a big gamble and try and double up early" "slider-man, slider-man, does whatever the slider can" etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

ROFLMAO! POTD.
Old 12-16-2005, 06:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Ok, but what hands he's beating call the flop & suddenly go berserk on the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

Do I really need to list them all? A lot of them. These aren't solid players for the most part

[ QUOTE ]

however you may well be right. i am too hungry to be thinking straight, i think.

[/ QUOTE ]

Food is good.
Old 12-16-2005, 06:37 PM

Playing two pair (especially top and 3rd pair) like the nuts on a board like that is usually the way to go. I almost never fold here unless I am given a really good reason (the sky opens up and voice booms "fold you idiot!").