Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-16-2005, 02:04 PM

Default Re: 2 hands. How\'s my line.

**Grunch**

Hand 1 - I probably play it the same as you. Sometimes I get to be a little weak-tightie. His stats indicate that he's a pretty solid player and he wasn't afraid of your flop aggression. The turn check behind confuses me, as does the river raise.

Hand 2 - Preflop and flop look good. I'd just call the turn, but then remember I'm a weak-tightie. Your queens are probably no good so you are on a draw and none of your outs are to the nuts. I suspect SB has a made flush, UTG+2 has a king, and I have no idea what UTG is calling down with.
Old 12-16-2005, 02:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Turn: WTF? Free card play for the flush draw?

[/ QUOTE ]

My gut told me like AQs.

[ QUOTE ]
The problem is if you think you need a straight or flush to win this hand you are drawing to 12 dirty outs and do not have the equity to be pumping a draw. Also the pot is big enough that you really need to be seeing a river card here so this is no time for a free showdown raise because you can't fold to a 3-bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good explanation but im not going for a cheap showdown though. I just wanted to pump the pot up a bit since I thought I was doing pretty well.

equity (%) win (%) tie (%)
Hand 1: 22.3949 % 20.83% 01.57% { QcQs }
Hand 2: 32.0928 % 30.95% 01.14% { JJ+, AKs }
Hand 3: 23.1031 % 21.88% 01.23% { 77+, ATs+, KTs+, QTs+, JTs, ATo+, KTo+, QTo+, JTo }
Hand 4: 22.4093 % 21.32% 01.09% { ATs, KQs, QJs, JTs, T9s, 98s, 87s, AJo-ATo, KTo+, QTo+, JTo }

[/ QUOTE ]

Heaven your putting in 25% of the money and are only going to be good 22% of the time. This isn't a good thing. You see what i am saying right?
Old 12-16-2005, 02:48 PM

First hand is played fine. 3-betting would be spewing since the best you're hoping for is he has another AK or AdQd.

I like your turn line in the second hand if the SB hadn't capped preflop and bet 2 streets into other raisers.
Old 12-16-2005, 05:10 PM

Hand 1:
Can I check/call the river?

Hand 2:
Listen to everyone.
Old 12-16-2005, 05:16 PM

I really hate the turn raise in hand 2. Mostly because if you do hit your flush (especially if the A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] hits) you're not gonna get the action you would've on the river. Just call. Then if you catch the spade you can raise the river and make money when you know you have the best hand. Seems like an unecessary unprofitable semibluff.

I just ate 50 sandwiches, that could be affecting my judgment so if I'm wrong somebody please reply. Thanks!