Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium-Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-16-2005, 02:58 PM

Default Re: 3bet the nuts on a drawy board from OOP?

raise preflop, dont be afraid of lags. You have to reraise with a flush draw out. Make it like 100 to go and push any turn.
Old 12-16-2005, 03:07 PM

Default Re: 3bet the nuts on a drawy board from OOP?

I don't like to stop and go here. IMO the only thing you accomplish is letting a flushdraw in for cheap and missing out on value.. Does really COs AA look much better when he is bet into on the turn compared to when he is threebet on the flop? Atleast on the flop he might think you are going aggro with some type of big draw.. And lets say MP is on the flushdraw. He is more likely to call on the flop with two cards to come, than to call on the turn with one card to come. If you lead the turn for almost pot and MP hasn't hit his draw he is out of there. So the only thing you accomplished was giving him a free card.

A like the flatcall better if this was HU against CO, but in this situation OOP I think you are better off raising the flop.. The amount is a little difficult i think. You don't want to scare them totally off with a push and at the same time a bet a little under the pot size will leave you committed to pushing a turn spade. Raising just to 60 could be an option, but then again you are giving better immediate odds for a draw. I think I still like the 60 raise tho, the pot will then be so big on the turn that MP might call a push on a non-drawcompleting turn. If CO came along I doubt he is folding now that the pot is so big.

Any raise (as already mentioned) will ofcourse give the added bonus of a possible push by CO. I think CO is more likely to push if hero minraises, but that might be my twisted understanding of other people's play