Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium-Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-15-2005, 09:15 PM

Default Re: Adjusting to the $200 games

Thanks Mrfeel. Luckily I haven't been in too many situations with SCs as I've only recorded a couple thousand hands at the $200. I'm only trying to replace a "group" because I don't want to be one of those 6/1 players. My VPIP right now is 13 [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] and I'd like it to be higher but I don't know what else to add.

Thanks again for the thoughts.
Old 12-15-2005, 09:30 PM

If you are looking to move up from 100NL full, why not try 100NL 6max instead?

On Party, full tables get scarce above 200NL except for 2000NL.

Also, once you are comfortable at 100NL, there is very little jump to 200NL, (besides the BR).

If your objective is money, your goal should be 6max [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 12-15-2005, 09:39 PM

Thanks gregg, I was unaware that there are actually few full tables above $200. However, I could barely beat the $25NL 6max [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]...not that I played for very long or tried to improve when I did play.

Money is my goal but I also hate variance which is why I waited to get to $10k or 50 buyins to attempt the NL$200. I'm not sure how much higher I want to play in the future. As of right now, when $200 seems like winning nothing to my BR then I'll move up but I'm not sure I ever will after playing so small for so long...$400 seems like so much to risk on a hand [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img].
Old 12-15-2005, 09:43 PM

10K bankroll for 200full???????????

damn son grow some calzones. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 12-15-2005, 09:47 PM

I play for a living though, so it's a big deal for me.

A calzone does sound good though.
Old 12-15-2005, 09:54 PM

I don't see playing suited connectors as being more profitable for you, even with the positional advantage, as you stated yourself you don't like variance.

A lot of the profitability of these hands comes from pushing your draws hard, which obviously pumps up your variance.

Plus it is like a thousand times easier to play a set, even out of position. So I don't think this adjustment is necessary.

I do think, however, that everyone, including yourself, should play 6-max though. Its like soooo much more fun