Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-15-2005, 02:27 PM

Default Re: JJ -- who else changes my river?

Grunch:

With no reads, capping pf is iffy. Sometimes I do, though.

flop - good.

turn - I'm capping here.

riv - I'm looking to at least 3 bet, if not get it capped. KK or QQ are less likely than AK, AQ, or even KQ. Anyone playing AT (other than spades, possibly) is spewing and should be noted, tagged and put to your right at every table.
Old 12-15-2005, 02:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I make a note for later.

[/ QUOTE ]

Notes were certainly made after this hand.

However, I think many of the responses here are tying down both the button & MP2's hand to the preflop action a little too much. Many people play crazy pre-flop because they don't know better, or just want action. I didn't have strong reads on these people, so there's no reason to immediately assume hands that should have folded actually will from these people. In such situations, I think it's crucial to not be rigid with the hand ranges you impose on other players.

What if I gave you a read (which was not known at the time) that the button is Taggish but plays too far and that MP2 is a total fricken' maniac/idiot/etc.? How does that change your assessment, if at all?
Old 12-15-2005, 02:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Grunch:

With no reads, capping pf is iffy. Sometimes I do, though.

flop - good.

turn - I'm capping here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I did & I like it alot.
Old 12-15-2005, 02:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
On the river, the only hands that beat you are KK, QQ, and AT. AT doesn't make much sense given the action that took place.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not true. Those are the only hands that beat me that you think makes sense given they are in the hand. Look harder, and maybe there are more that weren't correct on *every* street, but maybe on some.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol - if you lost to T9 (even spaded) then you have found a candidate for fish of the year award . . .
Old 12-15-2005, 02:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
On the river, the only hands that beat you are KK, QQ, and AT. AT doesn't make much sense given the action that took place.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not true. Those are the only hands that beat me that you think makes sense given they are in the hand. Look harder, and maybe there are more that weren't correct on *every* street, but maybe on some.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol - if you lost to T9 (even spaded) then you have found a candidate for fish of the year award . . .

[/ QUOTE ]

That would be my guess from the cryptic comments. Just hope you're one of the ones who he gives your money back to...
Old 12-15-2005, 02:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That would be my guess from the cryptic comments. Just hope you're one of the ones who he gives your money back to...

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, I was [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 12-15-2005, 10:47 PM

Wait, you lost to T9? Ouch. I still think you cap though.