Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-11-2005, 01:43 AM

Default Re: How Do You??????????

[ QUOTE ]
Don't take this the wrong way (as an insult or belittling in any way): the fact that you are asking this question

[ QUOTE ]
My question is, how do you play againest these people in the .5/.10 level who play "Big card and anything from any postion", "Bottom pair and ride it to the river with three Big cards on the board, and so on, and so on? Oh, and betting these hands like crazy.

[/ QUOTE ]
shows that you don't understand poker very well.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm probably going to get slammed for saying this, but I think the question is valid. At nano-limits, you don't have one or two maniacs, you have an entire table full of them. Now I think that playing against a table like this requires somewhat different strategies (not that I know what they are) to MAXIMIZE your win rate than playing at loose 0.25/0.5 or higher tables. I think for instance that the looser the table is, the more hands you need to play preflop. Also, situations arise constantly at nano-limits when six people might call a single bet to the river, but four or five of those people will fold to a re-raise. I'm not sure that these are the most important things or even if they're correct, but I think that there should be strategies which differ between these insanely high variance games and the loose, but not this loose mid-level micro-limit games.
OneFish about to be swallowed by sharks
Old 12-11-2005, 01:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Don't take this the wrong way (as an insult or belittling in any way): the fact that you are asking this question

[ QUOTE ]
My question is, how do you play againest these people in the .5/.10 level who play "Big card and anything from any postion", "Bottom pair and ride it to the river with three Big cards on the board, and so on, and so on? Oh, and betting these hands like crazy.

[/ QUOTE ]
shows that you don't understand poker very well.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm probably going to get slammed for saying this, but I think the question is valid. At nano-limits, you don't have one or two maniacs, you have an entire table full of them. Now I think that playing against a table like this requires somewhat different strategies (not that I know what they are) to MAXIMIZE your win rate than playing at loose 0.25/0.5 or higher tables. I think for instance that the looser the table is, the more hands you need to play preflop. Also, situations arise constantly at nano-limits when six people might call a single bet to the river, but four or five of those people will fold to a re-raise. I'm not sure that these are the most important things or even if they're correct, but I think that there should be strategies which differ between these insanely high variance games and the loose, but not this loose mid-level micro-limit games.
OneFish about to be swallowed by sharks

[/ QUOTE ]

"How do I play against a certain type of villain" is a perfectly valid question. However, I think OP already knows the answer (especially if he has read SSH). The answer is "value bet".

Playing against these players well does NOT mean winning more pots against them. It means winning BIGGER pots. Worrying about keeping out overcallers on the river is important, but situations like this don't arise as often as raising your good top pair hands, building pots preflop by raising premium holdings, and pumping flush draws on the flop when you have a few villains with you.
Old 12-12-2005, 07:50 PM

Aaron,
I have tried this building up the pot with premium hands, it works and I like the end result, thanks.
AG
Old 12-12-2005, 07:34 PM

Gregatron,
Thanks for the welcome. You are right I have not grasped poker very well yet, however the idea of the big picture makes alot of since. Thank you for the input.
AG
Old 12-12-2005, 07:58 PM

Aheravi,
Thanks for the thoughts, I will look for more places to value raise and work on my post flop play.
AG