Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-17-2003, 12:53 PM

Default Re: When to jam with a flush draw

Ah yes, there it is. Maybe there were some transmission problems in Slovenia yesterday.

And here's the best reason to access the site:

http://izmet.desetka.si/angelina/

Old 07-18-2003, 05:10 PM

This is a great site for low limit hold 'em.

Anyway, I've read that it is correct to raise with suited connectors against multiple opponents because "they win their fair share." Does anyone know the minimum number of callers you need to "win your fair share" so the raise will be correct?

Thanks in advance
Old 07-27-2003, 11:12 AM

I didn't read all the posts but I would like to add.

If you flop your flush draw you are approx a 2 to 1 dog to make your flush by the river. Therefore, if you know you are going to get 3 callers on flop (loose multiway game) it is best to raise your draw for value (3 to 1 on your bet to a 2 to 1 dog). Also, even if you are sure you can only get only 2 callers it is a good idea to often raise (even money bet) for deceptive purposes (ie middle pair, gut draw may lay down on the turn if you bet out even if you don't make your hand.)

I suggest you check out Lee Jones' Winning Low Limit Hold'em book for a lengthy discussion on this idea and other low limit loose games and of course HFAP on this site.

Good luck!

lucy deucy
Old 07-28-2003, 12:52 PM

I'm not sure that they really win "their fair share" but the reason you will sometimes raise with these hands (aside from variation in play) is that if you hit a big draw or after you make you hand you'd like a big pot so that the other people involved are more likely to pay you off.

For example: You have 6s7s on the button and 5 limpers to you. You raise and the blinds come along. There is now an 8 BB pot. If you hit a nice flop (4s5cJs for example), people are going to stay in with overcards, 2nd and 3rd pair, middle pocket pairs, and other hands that you aren't really woried about. You can collect a lot of extra bets from people that are drawing to 2nd best hands (and in most cases are correct to do so because of the pot odds).