Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-10-2005, 12:00 AM

Default Re: What video game should I get?

[ QUOTE ]
I have Civ4. I like it but it wastes a lot of my time and only took me 'til the 3rd time I played it to completely pwn it. Now I dominate it on any level every time I boot it up. Still somewhat fun to just destroy the opponents though.

[/ QUOTE ]

bs
Old 12-10-2005, 12:01 AM

bring it [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 12-10-2005, 12:29 AM

The answer will depend entirely on what you like. You should give us examples of games you like, or the kind of thing you might like from a game.

For instance, some games take a long time to play. Some have a slow pace within that time period. And some like that and some don't. Some define "long" way differently. Some can't stand to break a gaming session, and would rather play one six-hour session than break it up into two three-hour sessions.

If you can't handle long sessions, a leisurely pace, or hate breaking them up into smaller sessions, Civilization isn't really a good game for you no matter how good a game it is and how many other people like it.

If you're young, you have better twitch reflexes, so there's a good chance you'll like first person shooter games because you don't start off a step behind.

Or you could really like some sport, so naturally seeking out the best game based on that sport would be great for you.

Maybe you love military vehicles like helicopters, jets, or tanks, and would like to capture the feeling of actually piloting one. Go find a sim.

Maybe you want an immersive world where you can talk to other people online and join up with them to do stuff as a group, taking down big monsters or such. Check out a RPG.

Maybe you like puzzles.

There's almost no way to tell you what might be good for you if you don't have roughly an idea what you think might be fun and fit the time and energy you want to devote to a game.

It can be fun throwing out random favorites in response to a question like this, though. Few of them will do you a lot of good, though.

And you can expect to dump money on some games here and there that just don't quite click for you. It's very cool to find one that fits you just right.
Old 12-11-2005, 03:09 PM

My relaxation games.
Diablo 2. Old game but still enjoy it after all these years. My girlfriend is addicted to this game.

Age of Empires 3. Just got it and is my main game right now.

Civilization 4. Getting it for Christmas. Loved the previous versions.

Doom 3. Only play this a couple times a month. My main FPS right now.

Medal of Honor. Don't play this much anymore. Shooting other people has always been a stress reliever for me.
Old 12-11-2005, 03:17 PM

I like WarBus' list alot, but get Half-life 2 aswell, it's a really great game, fun and immersive.