Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-09-2005, 07:30 PM

Default Re: Results

[ QUOTE ]
Ok i see it is possible for him to have an 8, but unlikely to me unless its J8 or 89, calling my flop bet.

Also, i think 2 pair would not make this play on the river, fearing a straight. Same goes for a set.

So the only hands i could deduce he had were a worse J or a bluff.

I called and he showed Q7 and MHIG.

P.S. I think he is folding most of the time if I make a real bet on the river and only made this play because i showed weakness.

[/ QUOTE ]

i see what u r saying w/ your reasoning, and i tend to go w/ my reads a lot. the problem is donks play like donks, they can have any 2 at any time. i still dont think u r good often enough to make this +EV...
Old 12-09-2005, 09:07 PM

Default Re: TPTK under pressure... river decision

[ QUOTE ]
Hero bets $7

[/ QUOTE ]

Bets like this lead to trouble. When you bet small into a pot and get raised, your subconcious tells you that it's only because you bet so little, and you get yourself into tricky situations.

Easy fold, btw.
Old 12-10-2005, 02:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hero bets $7

[/ QUOTE ]

Bets like this lead to trouble. When you bet small into a pot and get raised, your subconcious tells you that it's only because you bet so little, and you get yourself into tricky situations.

Easy fold, btw.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think at this limit, that bet looks fine because people don't push with nuts. I can see at high limit, people would interpret this as weakness and bluff raise. It's sort of strange value bet want to get called by worse hand.

Are 200Nl players like to attack weak bets? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 12-10-2005, 02:44 PM

What I said had nothing to do with what you're asking. I was saying that whenever you get raised after betting so weak, your start to think that you were only raised because you bet so small.. it doesn't matter what Villain actually holds.
Old 12-10-2005, 04:55 PM

I think this hand is weather you know the player or not, me here if it was one of the plaeyrs i play with in my home game I would fold instantly, but if its vs a good player who knows his [censored] who can bluff you out, i'd consider a call.
Old 12-10-2005, 05:33 PM

I think this hand shows some interesting things...

1. PT stats are almost useless with such a small sample size.

2. While a board may look scary, if you review villian's possible holdings it may not be. (I know this is harder to do with a damn timer online)

3. Don't doubt yourself, always trust your reads.