Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-09-2005, 03:04 PM

Default Re: Playing from the blinds: ATo ($33)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I think a push is clearly in order here.

[/ QUOTE ]

You haven't finished the analysis. So let's say you put him on that range. He'll presumably call with 2 pair and JJ+ hands. Is he going to call with just a T? If not, will he put more money in with the T down the road if you let him? These last things are the issues I'm concerned with. I think you also give too little weight to hands that beat you here and too much to precisely T's.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair enough. But how do I manage the %'s of hands that I'm behind, and the %'s of hands that are on the FD. And yes, I do think that KT calls me.
Old 12-09-2005, 03:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You haven't finished the analysis. So let's say you put him on that range. He'll presumably call with 2 pair and JJ+ hands. Is he going to call with just a T? If not, will he put more money in with the T down the road if you let him? These last things are the issues I'm concerned with. I think you also give too little weight to hands that beat you here and too much to precisely T's.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair enough. But how do I manage the %'s of hands that I'm behind, and the %'s of hands that are on the FD. And yes, I do think that KT calls me.

[/ QUOTE ]

KT is a monster compared to what some people call with.
Old 12-09-2005, 03:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

KT is a monster compared to what most 33 players call with.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-09-2005, 03:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

KT is a monster compared to what most 33 players call with.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ya, i thought that was implied...you can really add $55s to that from my limited experience.
Old 12-09-2005, 03:37 PM

Very nice hand, Scuba!
Old 12-09-2005, 06:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Finally, one hand that would be interesting is A4 of spades.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because it would finally prove party is rigged? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Nice hand though.
Old 12-09-2005, 09:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Gump, was hoping you'd respond more to this thought. I think it's very good.
Old 12-09-2005, 09:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Gump, was hoping you'd respond more to this thought. I think it's very good.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's tough to expand on, because the questions that I'm interested in - what he's calling with and how much more he'll put in with T's down the road - are pretty sensitive to individual players. So the information I have to go on is the size of his raise, which is pretty substantial. Unfortunately, this can mean several different things in my experience:

1) I have a hand that I think is good, and I wish to protect it against the draws. Depending on the player, this could mean JJ+ or it could mean any T.

2) I have a big draw, and I'm happy to take the pot down right here. Again, depending on the player, the big draw could be a combination draw or just an OESD.

3) I have absolutely nothing, but I like betting.

The range of hands and of behaviors is going to be pretty wide. There are certain players who will fold if you push but will keep throwing money at you if you let them. Looking back at this hand, I think this board and the information we have to go on is just a little too dangerous to make that kind of plan worthwhile without a very solid idea that that's the kind of player we have, so I think your push is probably good on balance. But I think it's probably more an issue of not getting pushed off the best hand than extracting more from hands you're actually beating; I just can't see a wide range of T's calling, but I'm certainly surprised in that regard pretty often.