Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-07-2005, 02:46 PM

Default Re: Do i make a wrong guess?

Only that you didn't go broke sooner. I'm 3 betting the turn & capping (or AI) the riv. Donk variance sucks in "no fold" LHE.
Old 12-07-2005, 02:57 PM

nice suckout, villain or hero [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-07-2005, 05:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think his preflop and flop play were clearly bad

[/ QUOTE ]

Multi-level thinking, m'man! When I see a short-stack raising UTG my first thought is, "Wow, maybe he's got a good hand," and my second thought (close on the heels of the first) is, "Huh. He's short-stacked. I wonder if this is a panic-raise because the blinds are about to hit him." If he thinks that Hero is raising light (or just tilt-raising garbage, possibly), then preflop he's getting 7.5:2 to call with a decent multi-way hand (I'd limp this in MP3 with 2 limpers, wouldn't you?), and on the flop he's got around 7-8 outs, way more than enough to peel one.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: just because a player is loose doesn't mean they're bad, stupid or don't know what they're doing.
Old 12-07-2005, 06:03 PM

Thanks for the schooling. Now I understand why everyone says you learn a lot more posting than lurking [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

In a B&M I'd probably notice the short stack and have the same thoughts you suggested. Online - even though I single table - I've missed the short stacks way too often! Given that, Yeah I'd probably cold call QJo from MP3 if there were a couple of limpers. Don't think I'd do it first to act after the raiser though - even with the "read". I'm still not convinced that villian has enough outs to peel one on the flop. Having said that, if I were in villian's place and had called preflop, I'd probably look at the turn anyway. So I take back my clearly bad play comment. Thanks again for the lesson!
Old 12-07-2005, 06:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah I'd probably cold call QJo from MP3 if there were a couple of limpers. Don't think I'd do it first to act after the raiser though - even with the "read".

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah...I actually had to look to the turn before I could figure out how many cold-callers there were between Hero and Villan - two. That's how I got to 7.5:2 for the pots odds preflop.
Old 12-07-2005, 06:30 PM

:grunch:

Cap it! And then punch the guy in the face on your way to the bar for his runner runner.