Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-07-2005, 06:51 PM

Default Re: HERE IS A SAMPLE HAND

I think you already know the leak. Obviously this guy is an ultra-donk, so you've got to know that his range of hands in this situation is pretty broad. Even if the 5 didn't help him on the straight, it might have made him 2pr - actually good news bc at least then you have redraws. You're only hope here is to turn an 8 and split.

At best the guy can think he has 4 outs. He can't even count the A b/c it's very likely you've got an A. My guess is he doesn't even think about that. He just likes the thrill of getting lucky with the straight.

Your mistake is overplaying the top pair on the turn. This is a pretty easy lay down given the board. Of course, it's an easy lay down for me now. Hasn't always been. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 12-07-2005, 07:01 PM

Default Re: HERE IS A SAMPLE HAND

That's a tough one. It's not obvious that villain was chasing and your read was this was most likely another one of his bluffs so you called. I will typically fold to these type of bets and wait to trap villain with the goods later. Sure he bluffs a few pots and takes some of my money. I will wait for the spot where he will bluff at a pot and I can take ALL of his money.