Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-07-2005, 05:57 PM

Default Re: results....how are our lines?

[ QUOTE ]
Canterbury 4/8 9 handed
UTG limps. He is loose. Likely around 40/6. An unknown limps. Folds to PokerBob on the button and he raises. Coolidge 3bets from the SB with J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], BB folds, UTG calls 2 colds, limper calls 2 cold, PokerBob calls.

Flop 4 ways (13SB): 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Coolidge bets, UTG calls, limper folds, PokerBob calls.

Turn (3 players)(8BB): Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Coolidge bets, UTG calls, PokerBob calls.

River (3 players) (11BB): J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Coolidge bet, UTG folded, PokerBob raises, Coolidge thinks and thinks and thinks and calls. PokerBob shows K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Thoughts on both of our lines?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Bob i really don't like the turn call. I think your missing some bets by calling here and after thinking about it some the benefits of the call don't outweigh the benefits of a raise.
Old 12-07-2005, 05:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Canterbury 4/8 9 handed
UTG limps. He is loose. Likely around 40/6. An unknown limps. Folds to PokerBob on the button and he raises. Coolidge 3bets from the SB with J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], BB folds, UTG calls 2 colds, limper calls 2 cold, PokerBob calls.

Flop 4 ways (13SB): 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Coolidge bets, UTG calls, limper folds, PokerBob calls.

Turn (3 players)(8BB): Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Coolidge bets, UTG calls, PokerBob calls.

River (3 players) (11BB): J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Coolidge bet, UTG folded, PokerBob raises, Coolidge thinks and thinks and thinks and calls. PokerBob shows K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Thoughts on both of our lines?

[/ QUOTE ]

Why didn't PB raise the turn (maybe even the flop although that might make it obvious you have the flush draw but you also would do that with - AA, KK, QQ)? Other than that I like how it was played. If I was coolridge I'm still betting the river and making a crying call.

I am going to raise the flop, call his reraise, raise his turn and bet the river when he checks into me with the flush card. I might check behind on a non-flush river but that's pretty weak.
Old 12-07-2005, 06:02 PM

I like a turn raise from PokerBob. Maybe it would be different if you were HU but with that guy in the middle calling raising seems sweet.
Old 12-07-2005, 06:53 PM

Default Re: Coolidge vs. PokerBob

I agree with BK. I don't like folding here at any point really...

We can all agree that folding to PokerBob's raise makes little sense, as he's so unlikely to have a flush or any kind of bigger hand.

The other guy... meh... the pot is big and I think sometimes he might raise with a big Q, QJ, some weirdly played AA or small set or whatever often enough to call here.