Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-04-2005, 03:43 AM

Default Re: Hypothetical Hand: 99 top set

You are getting called down by AA when you raise the turn a lot more than you think. The TAG will reason that he has outs against a 2-pair hand and that he has under-represented his hand preflop, so you could be giving action with smaller over-pairs or TPGK. I don't think that worrying about this guy folding AA to a turn raise should be a factor here.
Old 12-04-2005, 03:52 AM

What are you limping here that raises the turn UI?

I like a cap because it actually hides your hand more. Your possible hands here are pretty much sets, straight flush draws and the nut flush draw. An overpair might be out there some small % of the time. But when you raise the turn, all that goes away except for the sets and those rare overpairs. You would capping the flop with everything but a weak overpair, so it makes our hand a lot less transparent.

Don't get me wrong though dude. Saying that he would fold AA is still a longshot IMO. I would not fold it unless a money card came (say the 7 of suit) and I didn't have a redraw. Maybe I should consider it, though the fact that you think I would fold it would probably lead me to call down. When you get to that "he knows that I know that I know he's full of [censored]...but am I?" place it is just best to say "[censored] it" and calldown.

Brad
Old 12-04-2005, 04:17 AM

Okay... you guys make good points about AA calling down. In that case, it becomes a lot easier to raise the turn after calling rather than just capping.

I don't think that villain can put us on 98 though. Maybe, but I kinda doubt it.

Also, you're correct that when two players are so incredibly inside eachothers heads that it gets to 5th-6th level, etc. It's best to just play cards and position again.

It also might mean that we get into situations where we're doing stuff like capping the flop if the last card on the flop is a diamond, for example and otherwise waiting for the turn to raise.

I guess the real question is, how much more can we pwn the 0.5/1 tables if we learn the answer to this question? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]