Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: 88
I could beat almost no one in that game 160 60.61%
I could only beat some players consistently (20-40%) 41 15.53%
I coud beat most players consistently 24 9.09%
I could beat nearly all players consistently 39 14.77%
Voters: 264. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-02-2005, 01:27 PM

Default Re: CO open raising standards (Poll)

I haven't liked my results raising any A in the CO, but my sample size is small. For now, I'm dipping down to A4s and A5o. I'd rather not go into battle against three players with just one card. I want 1.5, typically. On the button I'm raising any A.
Old 12-02-2005, 01:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
against typical blinds, i raise all PPs, all aces, KQ-K8s/KQ-K9o, QJ-Q9s, QJ-QTo, JTs-J9s and JTo.

Against *much* looser players i may tighten up a bit to allow myself extra confidence in value betting. Maybe muck J9s, Q9s, K8s, K9o, A2-A6, 22 and 33. I'd do this because i figure i'm going to SD a lot more and want to be able to diminish my marginal hand input.

[/ QUOTE ]
I have the same standards but I raise K7-87s and K6s too. Seems I am a bit too loose though.. :/
Old 12-02-2005, 01:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
against typical blinds, i raise all PPs, all aces, KQ-K8s/KQ-K9o, QJ-Q9s, QJ-QTo, JTs-J9s and JTo.

Against *much* looser players i may tighten up a bit to allow myself extra confidence in value betting. Maybe muck J9s, Q9s, K8s, K9o, A2-A6, 22 and 33. I'd do this because i figure i'm going to SD a lot more and want to be able to diminish my marginal hand input.

[/ QUOTE ]
I have the same standards but I raise K7-87s and K6s too. Seems I am a bit too loose though.. :/

[/ QUOTE ]

K6s isn't that bad. I should have made suited Ks and suited Qs a bit deeper.

Krishan
Old 12-02-2005, 01:41 PM

agreed, i reckon i need to tighten up on my weak ace CO steals. I imagine A4s and A5o are acceptable minimums.

I think i should be dropping 22 and 33 in consideration of metagame issues, as my steal is a bit high at the moment (i.e. over 30), and would like to reduce it slightly. The only position i'm losing money in at the moment [sample warning] is the CO and that's probably due to a few too many loose steals.
Old 12-02-2005, 01:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
agreed, i reckon i need to tighten up on my weak ace CO steals. I imagine A4s and A5o are acceptable minimums.

I think i should be dropping 22 and 33 in consideration of metagame issues, as my steal is a bit high at the moment (i.e. over 30), and would like to reduce it slightly. The only position i'm losing money in at the moment [sample warning] is the CO and that's probably due to a few too many loose steals.

[/ QUOTE ]
lol Im trying to up my steals. I am at 38% right now and want to be 40-45.
Old 12-02-2005, 01:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
as my steal is a bit high at the moment (i.e. over 30), and would like to reduce it slightly.

[/ QUOTE ]

My steal attempt is hovering around 30 and I'm trying to look for ways to increase it. My stats show that I'm making a lot of money when I attempt to steal, so much so that I must not be doing enough of it.
Old 12-02-2005, 01:50 PM

sheesh, i find that when i go over 35% people get wise. So i'm happy staying around 30-33%; if you go over 40 unless you are playing some real donks (definitely possible, i know) they will start hitting back...
Old 12-02-2005, 02:05 PM

I think you are leaving money on the table if you dont raise more. You should be able to win vs two random hands with position with more than 35% of your hands.
Old 12-02-2005, 02:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Raising 22 and 33 from CO is pretty clearly a leak.

Krishan
Old 12-02-2005, 02:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
as my steal is a bit high at the moment (i.e. over 30), and would like to reduce it slightly.

[/ QUOTE ]

My steal attempt is hovering around 30 and I'm trying to look for ways to increase it. My stats show that I'm making a lot of money when I attempt to steal, so much so that I must not be doing enough of it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe you're making a lot of money from it due to the fact that you don't try and steal too much.