Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-02-2005, 08:07 PM

Default Re: FU LIMIT HOLDEM (play no limit!!!)

[ QUOTE ]
You're up 6783.29 in those LHE hands. Please shut up.

It is clear what your intentions were since you deleted the dollar amounts.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-02-2005, 08:11 PM

I'll be honest. I'm a little bitter because I'm a solid player who just had horrible luck the second half of the year. I had a few good tourney cashes to float me and still did fine, but its like you just don't know how bad it can go until it all goes bad.

I have a theory, I don't know how to prove it but here goes:

for some length of time you may get good luck or regular luck, and so you just think that is how poker goes. You still get your "fair" share of outdraws and it can go on, dunno forever?

I don't know if its possible its just a theory of mine that you can go a long time with above average or average luck. OTOH you can just get creamed for a long time, and it can be brutal.

Not sure if I expressed my theory clearly.
Old 12-02-2005, 08:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]

anyways, i deleted the dollar amounts because i didnt think anyone was bored/stupid enough to do the math and see how much i made/lost. the point is i keep breaking even BB wise (i broke even for the last 6K hands of last week too) and it doesnt feel good.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know this forum is full and all, but could you stop being so needlessly ignorant?

It takes somebody about 10 seconds to eyeball the BB/100 rates, hands played and limits and figure out that you're winning. That the guy who is a frickin math genius did it isn't really that shocking.

You won 6 grand, that's a lot of money. To try and paint that as "breaking even" is just goofy- even for a big high falutin 80/160 pro such as yourself.
Old 12-02-2005, 08:45 PM

F THE HATERS.

baron is [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]'s.
Old 12-02-2005, 08:48 PM

You need to make an all brag post of your trip from 3/6 to where ever the hell you are. I think it would be sweet.
Old 12-02-2005, 09:09 PM

okay, lets reflect. youve made over 14k in your last 11k hands? why in the name of god would i feel bad for you? i just want to slit my throat and let it all drain into the gutter because your luckbox is so much bigger than mine. i hope youre happy.

rj
Old 12-02-2005, 09:11 PM

I don't hate baron- it's just that his post seems to miss the spirit of the forum. Itellectual dishonesty makes the baby jesus cry.

That and he called jason stupid and it makes me mad.
Old 12-02-2005, 09:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

anyways, i deleted the dollar amounts because i didnt think anyone was bored/stupid enough to do the math and see how much i made/lost. the point is i keep breaking even BB wise (i broke even for the last 6K hands of last week too) and it doesnt feel good.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know this forum is full and all, but could you stop being so needlessly ignorant?

It takes somebody about 10 seconds to eyeball the BB/100 rates, hands played and limits and figure out that you're winning. That the guy who is a frickin math genius did it isn't really that shocking.

You won 6 grand, that's a lot of money. To try and paint that as "breaking even" is just goofy- even for a big high falutin 80/160 pro such as yourself.

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont understand your post at all. so you're saying im bragging about making 6K? why the hell would i brag about making 6K, when if i fact i was playing/running bad?

you dont understand LHE if you think that i am a winning player and should be happy with my winnings over these 11K hands.
Old 12-02-2005, 09:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
okay, lets reflect. youve made over 14k in your last 11k hands? why in the name of god would i feel bad for you? i just want to slit my throat and let it all drain into the gutter because your luckbox is so much bigger than mine. i hope youre happy.

rj

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not a productive mind-set. Do you see why?
Old 12-02-2005, 09:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'll be honest. I'm a little bitter because I'm a solid player who just had horrible luck the second half of the year. I had a few good tourney cashes to float me and still did fine, but its like you just don't know how bad it can go until it all goes bad.

I have a theory, I don't know how to prove it but here goes:

for some length of time you may get good luck or regular luck, and so you just think that is how poker goes. You still get your "fair" share of outdraws and it can go on, dunno forever?

I don't know if its possible its just a theory of mine that you can go a long time with above average or average luck. OTOH you can just get creamed for a long time, and it can be brutal.

Not sure if I expressed my theory clearly.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, i think i agree with a lot of your thoughts. before August i was running really bad, then in the beginning of august it was like a light switch turned on and i started running good. at the middle of last week its like the light switch turned off and im no longer a winner [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]