Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-02-2005, 01:30 AM

Default Re: Another Anarcho thread

[ QUOTE ]
I've never gotten a satisfactory answer from the anarchists about how anyone can be assured justice when one party or another is directly paying for it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Privately owned arbitration firms have much more riding on their reputation for impartiality than do state-run judiciary systems. Judgements from disreputable private arbitrators would have zero weight.
Old 12-02-2005, 01:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Im not talking about having a beef with it. I just wonder if there is any sound economic principles that advocate stateless human existence, since without state there is no law, and without law there is nothing to stop someone from forming a state.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is a state required for law?
Old 12-02-2005, 01:39 AM

Wow, the signal worked!

[ QUOTE ]
Privately owned arbitration firms have much more riding on their reputation for impartiality than do state-run judiciary systems. Judgements from disreputable private arbitrators would have zero weight.

[/ QUOTE ]
How do you compel someone to visit such firms (and pay for them) if they've wronged you if there's no higher authority?
Old 12-02-2005, 11:07 AM

You don't. You go to court, they are tried in absentia if they decide not to show up.

If they don't recognize your court, they may take the case to one of their own choosing. If both courts agree, then the case is basically closed. If they offer conflicting judgements, there's no reason to believe a standard appeals process will not be worked out.

There are (at least) two possibilities from there. Either they ignore the judgement, and face ostracism (nobody will do significant business with one that disregards arbitration) or you can bring force against them to extract damages (force which is justified since they initiated the use of force).

These questions, along with your inevitable follow-ups about rouge enforcement agencies, have been addressed. If you want to keep asking this same question over and over again, I will only reply with the following URL:

http://www.mises.org/rothbard/newliberty11.asp

Of course, if you have any *new* questions I would be happy to discuss further.
Old 12-02-2005, 05:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Why is a state required for law?

[/ QUOTE ]

Touche salesmen. Im going to have to read my Austrian economists before I can continue this. A friend of mine, very intelligent and well-read, visited the Mises Institute, met with several famous economists there, and left thoroughly convinced that works such as Man, Economy, and State were simply irrefutable, but not having read it or others like it (yet) I simply remain skeptical. I hold very conservative views on most points so I won't be surprised to find myself nodding my head as I read it.
Old 12-02-2005, 06:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just a question really: In any of the several economic theories or schools of thought that are contingent upon there being no state, what is to stop someone from simply forming a state?

[/ QUOTE ]

Feel free to form a 'state'. As long as you don't impose your will on me, then I have no problem with it.
Old 12-02-2005, 06:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Just a question really: In any of the several economic theories or schools of thought that are contingent upon there being no state, what is to stop someone from simply forming a state?

[/ QUOTE ]

Feel free to form a 'state'. As long as you don't impose your will on me, then I have no problem with it.

[/ QUOTE ]

And if you don't, he'll write you a very nasty letter and be angry with you.