Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-02-2005, 04:23 PM

Default Re: JJ on the button 9 handed, CO open limp reraises...

[ QUOTE ]
IMO a 10X the BB re-raise means your jacks are probably not good.

[/ QUOTE ]

When thinking about reraises, it's better to put it in terms of the original raise, or in terms of the pot, and not the BB. The reraise here is little more than twice the original raise, and also significantly less than the pot. It's not a scary reraise at all.

[ QUOTE ]
The best you could hope for is AQ-AK and even then they probably will put the heat on any flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well this is the point. I've seen people do this with 22 and AT just because they think you're stealing, so I don't think that's the best I can hope for at all. They're going to put the heat on any flop only if I don't put the heat preflop. Most hands aren't going to even see the flop if I reraise, if he does have AK he might, but then he's check folding the times that he misses, rather than betting and forcing me into a tough decision.

If it is aces or kings, well I'm going to be paying him off on a lot of boards anyway. On average, he's taking a lot more than $25 off me postflop, and I have no idea where I'm at until it gets shown down, or I get some kind of friendly board to take advantage of, but I'd rather not count on that. Which goes back to the original question: can you get away from this preflop when he throws in a fifth tiny raise?
Old 12-02-2005, 04:30 PM

id call and see a flop, liking the fact i will be last to act.
Old 12-02-2005, 04:52 PM

Looks like a situational read. The only way I see the CO limping with AA, KK is if he knows your going to steal, in fact is counting on it. If I decide to re-raise then I'm committed, I think. The 4-Bet definitely puts you in the position of raise or fold, so why didn't CO just shove it in? I guess my point is that when you 3-bet the CO you've got to know he can't flat call. I guess he could, but that's terrible. He has to push or fold. His 4-bet justs adds an extra dance step.