Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-01-2005, 03:31 PM

Default Re: AKs 3/6 raised on turn when board pairs

i really dislike check raising the river, and many people have suggested it. even morans know to check behind with JT or 99 here. if he has a K, we split. if he has a Q, we lose 3 bets. if we bet and he raises, we still could be against a K, so we call.
Old 12-01-2005, 03:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
easy river raise imo. wouldnt surprise me to find 99 here since he limped.

[/ QUOTE ]

villian like never has 99...UTG it's a simple raise unless villian was like 10/0/retarded or something. the only debate in the hand, IMO, is if we should c/r the river or bet/call.

1. c/r gets us 2 bets (if we know he is going to bet) but when he doesn't bet we have the best hand 100% of the time and we lose a bet. it also opens us to a 3bet which would suck i think (at best we split).

2. bet/calling gets at least 1, sometimes 2 bets in on the river. however he could fold to our bet but more often than not he'll call with just about anything here.

i think bet/call is the best because we dont risk him checking behind when we have the best hand and we dont open ourselves up to a 3bet. if he doesn't call our river bet then chances are he wasn't going to bet anyway and we didn't lose anything.
Old 12-01-2005, 03:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i really dislike check raising the river, and many people have suggested it. even morans know to check behind with JT or 99 here. if he has a K, we split. if he has a Q, we lose 3 bets. if we bet and he raises, we still could be against a K, so we call.

[/ QUOTE ]

nice.

in situations like this I like to consider how much I think my hand is worth here. 1-2 bets on the river sounds good, 0-3 sounds [censored].
Old 12-01-2005, 03:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Really original dude. Really [censored] original. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 12-01-2005, 03:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Really original dude. Really [censored] original. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
rofl that's crazy. i'm at work and opened the reply box and took my time - never saw your post.
Old 12-01-2005, 04:39 PM

this is exactly how I would play the turn, for whatever that's worth. if he does have you beaten, you save bets and see a showdown. if he's semibluffing you then he will fire again a lot of the time hoping you can fold a PP or a weak board pair, or that you were on a draw but can beat his draw.

all I have is one pair, but it's top pair, with the best kicker. and that board is very likely to hit a lot of hands he's likely to play, but the spectre of worse kings, A9, pocket pairs, bluffs, and diamond draws pretty much makes us see a showdown. I wouldn't three bet OOP here, but I could see it as a free showdown play if you were in position from time to time