Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-01-2005, 09:07 PM

Default Re: QQ NL 1K

[ QUOTE ]
I don't have a problem folding overpairs, but what hands CR that turn?

[/ QUOTE ]
This smells very much of a set. It's also possible that he decided to trap with a smooth call preflop with something like AA, but that's a play you will see less often and he would be more likely to not wait until the turn in that scenario. The read on him is that you don't know him but he hasn't stepped out of line, he hasn't played many hands, and furthermore you have only showed down good hands so if he is unfamiliar with you then he should respect you. If he respects you and you have been betting and showing no weakness after raising preflop, then there is really no reason for him to push the action here unless he has a big hand.

With the reads going on and the action that went down, you're beat here much more often than not. I briefly considered the possibility of 76 too before initially replying, but I just don't see that happening very often here unless you have completely misread him (maybe of no fault of your own.. even some LAGs will appear tight when they are getting dealt trash over and over again). Even LAGs that are good will sense you most likely have an overpair and if they don't know you, they will often think that their fold equity is shot, leading them to not push the action so much in this spot. The typical "Brunsonian" play is to push someone off something like TPTK with a hand that can still win.. if you try to push "good" opponents off overpairs your fold equity just isn't big enough without a read on them as a complete mouse.