Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-01-2005, 03:04 PM

Default Re: QQ, is this a fold on the flop?

I've seen a lot of guy's go crazy with 2 over cards on the board, almost like they figure since two are out there is no way someone has a set. At the very least I'm check calling this down.
Old 12-01-2005, 03:13 PM

:grunch:

It is hard to know without a read on MP3. You could have popped him back on the flop to see if he caps or calls. If he caps, I'd fold the turn UI. If he calls, I'd check/call to the river.
Old 12-01-2005, 03:18 PM

We need a read. Barring that, I agree with softcore.
Old 12-01-2005, 04:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You could have popped him back on the flop to see if he caps or calls.

[/ QUOTE ]

I seem to remember a post Ed made a while back about how you gain almost no information by 3-betting to see where you're at. However, if we continue here* I do think this would be an exception. We won't get any info if he calls (he might think your trip aces outkick his), but I can't imagine someone actually capping the flop without trips or a boat.

*Note that I'm not adamantly opposed to continuing here, and in the heat of the hand I probably would. Looking at it objectively, however, I think this is basically a question of what you expect a typical .50/1 Party player to do, which is where I apparently dissent.
Old 12-01-2005, 05:43 PM

heres a question i have. two people have said someone that would have slowplayed his ace in this situation is a "donk" and a "fish". is this correct thinking?

if he does have an ace, he has a very strong hand. raising just knocked out the dead money behind him that may have potentially called one bet as so many players like to see the turn for one bet no matter what the flop looks like. putting yourself in his shoes, if he does have an ace, its unlikely the pfr has an ace as well, and raising the flop is losing the possibility to raise the later streets. the only good thing i can see is making the potential flush draws pay more to chase their flush.

why in this situation would it be wrong to just call the flop bet and try to bring all the dead money along for one more street?