Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-2005, 05:43 PM

Default Re: flopped bottom two in huge pot.

preflop: why do you raise in early middle position with this hand it should be a fold and in later position a call in a multiway pot.

flop: well youre a lucky sucker but you can still lose to so many cards and youre playing your hand like its unbeatable.
after just reading to the flop i put your oppenent on some hands that they probably could have.
MP2: [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]K
MP3: [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q
Button: [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9
BB: [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]10
agains this field youre just 34% chans to win after the flop. It could be worse if youre up to a dominated hand like QQ or Q8 or a little bit better but never more than 40% and you play it like you flopped a set of queens or eigths.

I would bet the flop and just call it after it been raised. You never know whats gonna come turn/river so no need for 3-betting.

After the ace on the turn i would slow down. Its very probably that any of your apponents has TPTK on the flop and they just got two better pair so just calling here would be fine, dont think you could scare away the flushdraw anyway.

After the 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] on the river i might lead out since it probably didnt help anyone.
Old 11-30-2005, 06:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
preflop: why do you raise in early middle position with this hand it should be a fold and in later position a call in a multiway pot.

flop: well youre a lucky sucker but you can still lose to so many cards and youre playing your hand like its unbeatable.
after just reading to the flop i put your oppenent on some hands that they probably could have.
MP2: [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]K
MP3: [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q
Button: [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9
BB: [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]10
agains this field youre just 34% chans to win after the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]
If I'm 34% to win in a five-way pot, I'm jamming it as fast and as hard as I can.
Old 11-30-2005, 06:29 PM

If that were the case, it might also be an argument for waiting for the turn, but I also think our equity is much higher on average.