Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-2005, 06:30 AM

Default Re: why are there ppl 8 tabling 2/4 on party

multitabling is zen sometimes ( usually when you're not getting murdered ). i can 8 table 5/10 with the greatest of ease while checking email/myspace/messageboards, listening to music and talking on aim. not to mention taking notes on players and opening more rooms to replace the ones that get too tight.
Old 11-30-2005, 06:03 PM

hey hip
so are you auto piloting?
i play 2/4 quite regularly and i wonder what reads or how you adjust your play against me...if you don't want to divulge secrets that's fine..but i would definitely like to know how you adjusting your playing style according to mine. i'll just drop you a PM.

goddamn you 8 tablers

just giv
Old 11-30-2005, 06:42 PM

I'm wondering about this myself. I 6-table occasionally (with finals coming up not as much as I like), but it seems like a lot of these tables really suck.

Is there a lot of profit to be made at a table that has a VPIP of 23 or 24? If I'm playing 8 tables I'm gonna have do be at a few of these. I'm up a decent clip after 10k hands of 2/4 but I'm still not sure how +EV a table of VPIP 23 or 24 can be.

I know the whole game about your profit coming from their post-flop mistakes and all, but if a game is not very profitable I'd rather just sit out. A lot of the tighties seem quite passive.

IR2GOOD4U I see you all the time man. How do you select tables at this level?

When I move up to 3/6 (hopefully after 10k hands or so) it's probably gonna be nothing but 6-max anyways.