Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: How many hours do you play a week
more (how many ?) 1 1.01%
51-60 4 4.04%
41-50 3 3.03%
31-40 16 16.16%
21-30 43 43.43%
11-20 27 27.27%
0-10 5 5.05%
Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-28-2005, 03:16 PM

Default Re: JJ - Really Tough Spot

[ QUOTE ]

I hate this advice, we're not folding this river the first time. Any pocket pair could be getting excited.

[/ QUOTE ]

That may be but can you imagine him doing this with anything but a pocket pair and can you imagine a LP betting a pocket pair on this river anywhere close to 100% of the time?

By the time you look at how often LP has a pocket pair, how often of those times he calls the flop and turn and how often of those times he leads the river Id say were getting pretty close to less than 1 in 10.

Now factor that we have the dope calling as well, hes a dope but at least some of the time he has a better hand than us here before he raises.

My instinct is to call the first bet as well, but I think theres a compelling case to say that its close.

If you think its not close and is an easy call I think you have to call the raise as well. If its reasonably close the second time I don't think our odds improve enough to overcome how the that the subsequent raise and call influence our chances here.
Old 11-28-2005, 05:30 PM

You're behind on the flop here. One of these callers almost certainly has an ace, and no one is raising that river without an ace or the case 6. Anyone else check-folding the turn? Too weak? I don't play a lot of 6-handed, so...
Old 11-28-2005, 05:53 PM

when the loose passive bets the river you are toast
Old 11-28-2005, 08:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You're behind on the flop here. One of these callers almost certainly has an ace, and no one is raising that river without an ace or the case 6. Anyone else check-folding the turn? Too weak? I don't play a lot of 6-handed, so...

[/ QUOTE ]

You think because a retarded monkey and a loose passive called my flop bet I am behind?? Sorry, but this way of thinking is FAR too weak, and you really need to look into that because I think you could be losing a lot of value in a lot of situations.
Old 11-28-2005, 08:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
i agree completely. any retard can see that we will have an ace here a lot - he's value betting.
Old 11-28-2005, 09:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
i agree completely. any retard can see that we will have an ace here a lot - he's value betting.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you actually bring yourself to fold when he does this? I think it is probably +EV, but wow its tough.
Old 11-28-2005, 09:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you actually bring yourself to fold when he does this? I think it is probably +EV, but wow its tough.

[/ QUOTE ]
yeah i'm almost positive i would groan and lay this down. i never see them betting anything but an ace here.
Old 11-28-2005, 11:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I usually groan and call, which is how I know you're toast [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]