Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: I practice intuition folding....
Never 8 22.86%
There is no such thing as poker intuition 9 25.71%
On and Off (unpredictability is important) 7 20.00%
Depends on how strong the feeling/read 10 28.57%
Nearly all the time 1 2.86%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-25-2005, 09:01 PM

Default Re: What\'s your sign?

Ahhh, just so you know. The only thing that these polls lead to are that poeple who post on this site and read this forum may share the same sign.
Old 11-25-2005, 09:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ahhh, just so you know. The only thing that these polls lead to are that poeple who post on this site and read this forum may share the same sign.

[/ QUOTE ]
This would be more meaningful if I posted it on one of the high stakes sites, but I would get an even more hostile reception there than here.
Old 11-25-2005, 09:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
This would be more meaningful if I posted it on one of the high stakes sites, but I would get an even more hostile reception there than here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not trying to be mean, bro. I guess I'm just trying to say don't come to any grand conclusions from this poll. I would be curious to review the results of a properly conducted survey on this theory (if one were ever so conducted).
Old 11-25-2005, 11:01 PM

"slippery when wet"

although these days my girl seems to be, "do not enter" instead of "yield."
Old 11-25-2005, 11:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not trying to be mean, bro. I guess I'm just trying to say don't come to any grand conclusions from this poll. I would be curious to review the results of a properly conducted survey on this theory (if one were ever so conducted).

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not going to finance a scientific study. I would think it would be interesting to do studies of whether people in certain occupations, hobbies, etc. tend to have certain signs. I don't know if this has been done. It would be interesting to investigate somewhat scientifically whether there is some basis for the characteristics attributed to various signs.
Old 11-27-2005, 11:18 AM

Well, I wouldn't say that certain signs are better for poker, but some signs have attributes that are good for poker. Ie:

Aries: Fiery, competetive, doesn't back down easy. I know a few Aries poker players that are extremely agressive and it works for them.

Aquarius, Gemini, Libra: All Air signs, which is linked to the intellect and thinking things through.

Capricorn: Very aware of time, never rushed, can make difficult decisions with ease.

Anyway, astrology isn't just the stupid horoscopes in the paper. Its a non-scientific study of personalities and how certain personalities interact with others. There are many sites online that will look up your birthday by time and can figure out exactly where each planet was at your time of birth, which leads to the minute differences between us all.
Old 11-27-2005, 11:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
...there may be something to personality characteristics of various signs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would you think that?

[/ QUOTE ]

i'd like this question answered.