Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-25-2005, 07:15 AM

Default Re: i think im bleeding chips

[ QUOTE ]
Agreed with Surf. Don't expect a tough player to stop bluffing just because you called the turn. If he's decided to bluff at this board (and what a bluff-friendly board it is!), he'll keep firing I think.

[/ QUOTE ]
i disagree.
if hes tough, he knows u aint flushing.
what im saying the only possible draws are gutshot wheel draws and Ahigh is often calling a riv bet anyway. this guy knows that. if he bets the river, he will have u beat the majority of the time.
that said, id just fold the turn here until you have some history w/ this guy that makes u think he is really trying to outplay u or whatever. if the guy has been using position alot on these kind of boards i am gonna threebet the flop and keep betting or checkcall to showdown and he can prove it.
i would also peel the flop (and feel good about my hand if i caught T), but i dont like that turn call and i like a river call on a blank even less.
Old 11-25-2005, 01:07 PM

the game is 25/50 if that helps describe the opponent any better. there are currently no higher limit games going.
Old 11-25-2005, 01:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the game is 25/50 if that helps describe the opponent any better. there are currently no higher limit games going.

[/ QUOTE ]
dude, next time just say "bump"
Old 11-25-2005, 01:12 PM

i didnt even know it dropped off the page. i checked "my posts" sorry for the bump.
Old 11-25-2005, 01:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Agreed with Surf. Don't expect a tough player to stop bluffing just because you called the turn. If he's decided to bluff at this board (and what a bluff-friendly board it is!), he'll keep firing I think.

[/ QUOTE ]
i disagree.
if hes tough, he knows u aint flushing.
what im saying the only possible draws are gutshot wheel draws and Ahigh is often calling a riv bet anyway. this guy knows that. if he bets the river, he will have u beat the majority of the time.
that said, id just fold the turn here until you have some history w/ this guy that makes u think he is really trying to outplay u or whatever. if the guy has been using position alot on these kind of boards i am gonna threebet the flop and keep betting or checkcall to showdown and he can prove it.
i would also peel the flop (and feel good about my hand if i caught T), but i dont like that turn call and i like a river call on a blank even less.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with flawless victory.
Old 11-25-2005, 02:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
stop folding your BB against SB steals.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-25-2005, 03:00 PM

I may not have articulated my point correctly - against *bad* LAGs I don't think we can call the turn expecting him to check through the river. Against good, tough players i'd fold the turn unless i had reason to believe he was taking shots at me...he should value bet the river with any pair hoping for an A-hi calldown and I'm not going to pay him off.

Surf