Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-24-2005, 08:37 PM

Default Re: I bought a wrangler

[ QUOTE ]
thanks for the tip guids.

Unfortunatly, I know nothing about cars, but like wranglers, cars have been something that i've wanted to learn about since HS as well. Back then, because I lived in an aprtment, had no garage. Now that i own my own home and have a nice empty garage, considering it a great deal.

I hear that places like R&S Strauss, sell manuals (car specific) on everything you need to know about car maintenance, how to fix little problems, etc...

Do you think this would be a good place to start? Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

They can be - depending on the manual. My grandfather was a mechanic, and he kept a library of service manuals even though he knew a large percentage of things just from experience.

I have a couple of old service manuals for my Jeeps. I'm also lucky enough that my father is good at all kinds of mechanical stuff.

If you have a friend who's skilled, see if you can work with him on a couple of his projects to gain some basic experience. He might even help on yours (although you must supply the beer).
Old 11-24-2005, 08:43 PM

Ya, if you are good at getting information from technical manuals, then the chilton manuals are great. I would also try and find someone to teach you, Im sure there are plenty of people that would be willing to teach you some basics in exchange for a case of beer.
Old 11-24-2005, 08:50 PM

yeah, i have a friend who is good with cars, recently restored an old chevy chevelle, sweet lookin car.

Gonna have to stock up on beer, thanks again.
Old 11-24-2005, 10:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I used to have one in high school, just a standard wrangler that was my everday driver, but I sold it. I just bought a 87 YJ, that is beat to [censored]...at least body wise. So Im ripping everything off, getting a new suspension, some decently big tires, and some kind of body kid/tub. Any suggestions on parts/colors/lights/accesories etc? I was thinking of making my own custom "edition". Like a gambler edition, with dice and cards where the normal logo goes, but I think thats kind of corny...I dont plan on going 4x4'ing often, just the occasional camping trip, and it wont be my everday driver.

[/ QUOTE ]

congrats on re-joing the club... tha big penis club.