Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-22-2005, 07:27 AM

Default Re: Longtime lurker first time post Did I play this right?

[ QUOTE ]

although on the river you're still screwed vs most hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you say about my Pokerstove-Analysis then? Did I screw up the hand-range? I'm a bit confused, because it tells me, we are such a huge favorite... Even if I only select suited diamonds, we have still 50% equity on the turn and 60% on the river. That includes villain playing any diamond-suited queen or any diamond-suited connector (0 gap) against that preflop raise which is far too lose, I think.
Old 11-22-2005, 07:45 AM

Hi Gemz,

I'm not a big fan of using PokerStove, infact i find its use rather worthless as its for post game analysis and most poker situations are 100% Unique so i feel theres little to be learnt from it. (I.e. To be shown you played a hand wrong is ok if you learn something from it, but how can you when all you're given is number of equity which don't take into account the player type nor the way he played this hand?)

Saying this however, I base my reads off the guys play during this hand(with his stats in mind).

Putting a none tricky opponent on:
Hit flush draw,
2Pair,
Set.

Of course this range is small, but "Read was 18.69/3.74/[/b]3.79[/b]/107 "

Due to such large aggression we can most likly widen the range so 1pair could also be likly.

However, if he was on 2pair J5/J2/Q2 also seem unlikly. QJ is possible(Now having a FH), AQo is also possible(He posted, was raised).

As we're behind AQ, QJ, Set, FD i don't see us winning this hand often.

On a side note, what do you mean we have 60% equity vs Two diamonds on the turn?
Old 11-22-2005, 07:56 AM

Ok. To make sure I get you right: because Villain is so aggressive, he could be raising with a TP only. But because he is quite tight, he is more likely to have AQ than QT e.g. so we are likely beat anyway. Is that correct? Very helpful. Thank you.
I'm still trying to get a structure in my analysis. Therefore I tried using pokerstove.

[ QUOTE ]

On a side note, what do you mean we have 60% equity vs Two diamonds on the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course we have no equity against a made flush. I meant, I replaced all the possible suited hands (all 4 suits) that were in my hand range with hands that were only diamonds (i.e. AKs -> AdKd e.g.). So there were still all the offsuit hands in it, smaller pairs etc.
Old 11-22-2005, 08:03 AM

He's aggressive, So it implys he can bet/Raise alot. Now unless he's ran super hot on the 100hands(a possiblity) it implys he may be betting regaurdless of his kicker, for example he may hold Q2.. .and bet like mad.

Although he could hold AQo and bet like mad.

He's 18VPIP, So yeah hes fairly tight. However he posted, which changes things a bit as it was cheaper(Or better implied odds as such) for him to call the raise as opposed to cold calling.

The way he played his hand, i dont really put him on AQ or QT TBH, its just a possiblity.

For now i'd try base your reads off your opponents play/PT stats as opposed to using PokerStove and whatever else. Theres already so much information to take in, adding things like pokerstove will just make it even more likly that you'll get confused(I know it does for me).

Also i must stress, i'm far from an awesome player but this is just my 2cents on this hand. its important to read other posts and approach hands from different angles, everyone has their own lines/thoughts and don't descriminate due to post count [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 11-22-2005, 08:55 AM

Looks good.
Old 11-22-2005, 04:05 PM

I would have played it exactly the same way.
Old 11-22-2005, 06:01 PM

Just wondering but if you were villian on nut diamond draw do you raise the flop or just call? I think if I'm villian here I raise with the diamond draw here, is that spewing chips or good value bet? Esp with position and the likelyhood of getting a free card if no diamond on the turn.

Since villian didn't raise flop maybe he hit a set or two pair on the turn to wake him up? I think I raise the river here more often than not depending on reads. But I play at .25/.50 tables so that may make a difference here.

I have not started using pokertracker because I wanted to work on my reading self reading ability and not have to use software, but I do plan on getting it soon so more so to analyze my own play than that of my oppenents during hands but might review there play afterwards.
Old 11-22-2005, 06:24 PM

Welcome!

I think you have to bet/call that river. The dude could easily be bluffing the turn scare card. He could also be bluffing the Q on the river.
Old 11-22-2005, 06:27 PM

I can't believe people are going for check/call on the river![img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] He could easily have two pair. I thought I was w/t.
Old 11-22-2005, 06:42 PM

Default Hand Results

Thanks for everyone's input

He held 55 in the pocket