Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2005, 10:22 PM

Default Re: Do I have odds to continue?

[ QUOTE ]
Last time I checked, this is an unimproved river, and when refering to an event, you usually refer to a situation by using the word 'this'. This situation, leading to the river, is a fold in my mind, and the only way I'm calling is if its a Q or a counterfeit two pair card.

[/ QUOTE ]

Alright, was just checking. No need to get nasty. I just didn't like your responses because I thought the A made the river fold so much easier. If the river was a jack for instance, then I would personally have a much harder time folding this river. If you can make that fold based on your turn plan, that is great. It is just that many people make a turn plan, and then don't follow through with it on the river.
Old 11-21-2005, 10:23 PM

I think the ace is king of irrelovent given how it played out, but I guess it brings a little bit of comfort.
Old 11-21-2005, 10:30 PM

I've never played the 3/6, but I don't like the river fold. Getting 13:1, and keeping in mind all the crazy stuff that people do in these online SH games (in my mind his having top pair only is not out of the question), I'd need some kind of read to fold.
Old 11-21-2005, 10:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think the ace is king of irrelovent given how it played out, but I guess it brings a little bit of comfort.

[/ QUOTE ]

My thoughts were that A3 or A5 might try something fancy. He could peel on the flop, and feel gutsy on the turn. Granted, not all that likely, but I thought that was the reason the A was more dangerous then plenty of other cards.
Old 11-22-2005, 01:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
come on.
the A is a bad card.
id still call this down.
Old 11-22-2005, 01:27 AM

i dont quite understand what two pair you give this guy credit for? 54? 43? looks much, much more like 67. given that you call the turn, i dont think you can fold the river.