Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2005, 08:27 PM

Default Re: Playing the board...

He put nearly half his stack in to draw at a miracle. I wouldn't feel at all bad paying off anyone who is trying so hard to give away money.
Old 11-20-2005, 08:38 PM

Default Re: Playing the board...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You're hand improved on turn and is HUGELY vulnerable. Ya gotta push turn. Chance he flopped set, dont give him odds to draw to it.

Also, doesnt sound like you're respecting your opponents, with your "pedantic middle manager" deal. You really shouldnt condescend if you're confused about this hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol wha? Who says I was condescending? He was pedantic for at least the time that I played with him, making fun of another player at the table for playing blind and showing all of his hands, babbling about the rules of showing hands down, and talking about topics at the table which seemed to have no relevance except to show his marginal knowledge on the subjects. His behavior was consistent with middle school teachers that I've had and middling businessmen that I've met. I thought that info would help to characterize the opponent in this hand. Wtf are you talking about "respect?"

And I already said I should have pushed the turn, when did it appear that I was confused? I posted the hand because it came to an interesting river situation, which, of course, you gave no insight on. If you think it's such an easy decision that you're not "confused" then more power to you.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hear ya. Maybe i was a bit overboard. Oh well. My point is that I'VE made huge mistakes classifying players as idiots, then making bad decisions upon their behavior as a result.

Anyway, the insight into this hand should be that the turn is GREAT for you. If he's the type of player you think he is, he almost certainly is behind, but has a hand, set worse overpair,etc.