Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2005, 10:49 PM

Default Re: nh k?

[ QUOTE ]
I like the turn checkraise in theory but I'm not folding an overpair to an unknown's 3-bet in a pot this size at 10/20. Checkraising and calling down might still be best though. Not really sure.

[/ QUOTE ]
you are prob right.
i havent played the party 106max in a long time.
in a 30/60 i would def call down at least.
at 100/200 i would fold to the threebet.
Old 11-19-2005, 10:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What is 3-betting the turn that Hero beats?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nothing sane but we are talking about an unknown here in a pretty aggro game. I think he will be overplaying or looney often enough that giving up the pot plus our chance at 2 outs is a clear mistake.

[/ QUOTE ]

Overplaying in a multiway pot after the strength Hero is showing with a preflop semi cold cap and a bet/call turn check/raise line?
Old 11-19-2005, 10:52 PM

Image-dependant as always...but some players could even do this with AT.
Particularly if it's AdTd of course.

I'm a professional chip-spewer so I can't see myself folding to a 3-bet here.
Old 11-19-2005, 10:52 PM

Ya, at 10/20 I often see much worse.
Old 11-19-2005, 10:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What is 3-betting the turn that Hero beats?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nothing sane but we are talking about an unknown here in a pretty aggro game. I think he will be overplaying or looney often enough that giving up the pot plus our chance at 2 outs is a clear mistake.

[/ QUOTE ]

Overplaying in a multiway pot after the strength Hero is showing with a preflop semi cold cap and a bet/call turn check/raise line?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see it often enough to make me want to call down when 3-bet; but I see it often enough to make me not want to fold when it does happen. Against an unknown I really hate folding on a board like this, and I also hate putting in 3 on the turn, because not only does it mean we're usually beat, but those times when we're not our 3-betting opp usually has a decent number of outs against our hand. I really have no idea which line makes more sense against unknowns here (and whether C/R and calling down a 3-bet is better or worse).
Old 11-19-2005, 11:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ya, at 10/20 I often see much worse.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-19-2005, 11:16 PM

i think checkraising and calling a 3bet on the turn is substantially bad. as i said if you dont feel comfortable folding to the 3bet i like your line. the problem with the turn checkraise is that if youre behind and the villain just calls down with QQ-AA you lose 3 bets when you would have lost 2. youre going to be behind alot in this situation so your equity you gain from folding out MP isnt that overwhelming anyway. if you cant fold to a 3bet then a checkraise is definitely a losing play.

i like catt's thoughts on just calling preflop and checkraising the flop. id like for others to elaborate their thoughts on this becuase it sounds like it might be superior to capping.
Old 11-20-2005, 01:56 AM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

i have been betting the turn here if i dont feel like 3-betitng the flop
Old 11-20-2005, 02:03 AM

I have heard quite often here calling with a decently high PP, so that you can check raise most flops. I am trying to do that, and this hand definetly seems like a possible place to try it. I am just unsure of whether we are losing too much value by not capping a hand as strong as JJ. With TT I think this is a much easier call, rather than cap, and certainly with 99. JJ seems pretty strong though, so maybe a cap is right. If he had QQ, I don't think there is anyway we could not cap.