Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2005, 06:40 PM

Default Re: Got LRR in 5-max

[ QUOTE ]
As for your thinking on the river Aaron, I still fail to see what you think you have beat on that river. I also don't think your thinking is correct that if you call the turn you have to call the river, no matter what. If you put him on a hand range, and the card makes it so that you really cannot beat the hand range you had him on, I see no reason to call.

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't put him on any specific hands. He either has a junk hand, a monster, or some random pair that got fancy. I beat a ton of junk hands, no monsters, and only a few random pairs.

Going into the turn and river, I'm not thinking to myself that I have ace-high beat. I'm thinking to myself that I'm ahead of a lot of junk hands. So the ace on the river doesn't really hurt me very often if he has a junk hand. Since the junk hand is pretty nebulous, I don't really know what cards are scare cards and which aren't.

By the way, I don't recall ever seeing someone LRR with a hand like Ax where x is smaller than K.
Old 11-19-2005, 07:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
As for your thinking on the river Aaron, I still fail to see what you think you have beat on that river. I also don't think your thinking is correct that if you call the turn you have to call the river, no matter what. If you put him on a hand range, and the card makes it so that you really cannot beat the hand range you had him on, I see no reason to call.

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't put him on any specific hands. He either has a junk hand, a monster, or some random pair that got fancy. I beat a ton of junk hands, no monsters, and only a few random pairs.

Going into the turn and river, I'm not thinking to myself that I have ace-high beat. I'm thinking to myself that I'm ahead of a lot of junk hands. So the ace on the river doesn't really hurt me very often if he has a junk hand. Since the junk hand is pretty nebulous, I don't really know what cards are scare cards and which aren't.

By the way, I don't recall ever seeing someone LRR with a hand like Ax where x is smaller than K.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, valid points. So you're thinking he might be junking around with a hand like JTs or whatnot? That thought crossed my mind.
Old 11-19-2005, 08:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I hope you were calling that river for information.(?)

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. I'd have to say nine times out of 10, LRR screams AA or KK, I have seen it done with smaller pocket pairs, but not by the type of player you described.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not in 1/2 6max. It happens ALL the time with fish...and most of the time for me it's not AA or KK but someone deciding they want to cap prefop for fun.