Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: How will they do in the post season?
NBA champions 1 6.67%
Out in the conference semis 5 33.33%
Out in the conference finals 7 46.67%
Out in the finals 1 6.67%
Out in the first round 1 6.67%
Miss the playoffs 0 0%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-19-2005, 12:27 PM

Default Re: A6o on the Bubble - push or fold?

Think we have very different definitions of significant. If you add in BB he might feel he get a pretty good price on his call. I just got busted by a SB that had a smaller stack than the big stack in this hand that thought he got a good enough price to call my 5xBB push (blinds 150/300) with J3s.
Old 11-19-2005, 12:31 PM

Well I still push this pretty easily. I would only consider folding this if shortie had less than the BB. If that were the case, he'd have to get VERY lucky to make it through this round of blinds. With 2 BB, he only has to get semi-lucky.
Old 11-19-2005, 12:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well I still push this pretty easily. I would only consider folding this if shortie had less than the BB. If that were the case, he'd have to get VERY lucky to make it through this round of blinds. With 2 BB, he only has to get semi-lucky.

[/ QUOTE ]

In 95% of cases he will be all-in in one of the next two hands.
Old 11-19-2005, 12:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
But all he has to do is win one of those all ins and you're screwed.
Old 11-19-2005, 12:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
But all he has to do is win one of those all ins and you're screwed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Working under the assumption that smallstack will win his coming hands will lead you to make plenty of mistakes. He is the one forced to make a move and is much more likely to do it with a hand he has the worst of than vice versa.

Besides, the other medium stack is more likely to be screwed before you. He is eating 600 chips of blinds this and next hand.

The next hand either big stack pushes or you will see a SB vs BB all in. Both options are good for you.
Old 11-19-2005, 12:41 PM

I'm working under the assumption that he WILL win a hand against a random hand 50% of the time. Too high if you ask me. You chances of stealing these blinds are good. Very good IMO.

[ QUOTE ]
Besides, the other medium stack is more likely to be screwed before you. He is eating 600 chips of blinds this and next hand

[/ QUOTE ]
Not if SB folds to him.
Old 11-19-2005, 12:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm working under the assumption that he WILL win a hand against a random hand 50% of the time. Too high if you ask me. You chances of stealing these blinds are good. Very good IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

He isn't playing against one opponent. He has three opponents.
Old 11-19-2005, 12:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Not if SB folds to him.

[/ QUOTE ]

You seem intent on assuming everything will go every other players way. The chance of bigstack pushing from SB is huge the next hand.

If you feel stressed and think you are the one in gravest danger here, push. I think you have no reason to.
Old 11-19-2005, 12:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Not if SB folds to him.

[/ QUOTE ]

You seem intent on assuming everything will go every other players way. The chance of bigstack pushing from SB is huge the next hand.

If you feel stressed and think you are the one in gravest danger here, push. I think you have no reason to.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm assuming that there is a chance things will go his way. I try to assign a probability to that chance. Obviously this is an estimate.

Yea, most of the time, bigstack will push, but not every bigstack is a bully. Some are idiots.

I just think that your chances of stealing these blinds is very good. The benefit you get from adding those blinds to your stack is huge. If you fold, you risk the small stack getting bigger. That risk too big IMO. Pushing seems better to me.
Old 11-19-2005, 01:06 PM

I agree with splashpot, I definitely push this. Sure going through big stack is scary but he folds a lot more than you think. I think you win the blinds plenty here without even having to show a hand down, and your hand is pretty decent for this kind of situation.