Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: For a living
Play more or less the evenly day and night 25 26.88%
I play mostly during the night (5 p.m. - 9 a.m.) 54 58.06%
I play mostly during the day (9 a.m. - 5 p.m.) 14 15.05%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-20-2005, 08:10 PM

Default Re: Joe Hachem Book

The man is a doctor, so I'm not too concerned about his ability to think and write well. I'm sure if there are any problems, that would be taken care of in editing. I'm waiting for Raymer's book because I have a great deal of respect for the man and am interested in his thought process as well. I think there are enough books and articles available for ABC poker, what I would like to see are things rarely discussed and written about, such as, what goes through there head when making a decision (which is why Harrington's works are so masterful).
Old 11-20-2005, 08:20 PM

This book would be absolutely horrible.
Old 11-20-2005, 10:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This book would be absolutely horrible.

[/ QUOTE ]
Tell me how you really feel.
Care to elaborate as to why you feel that way?
Old 11-21-2005, 01:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]

The man is a doctor, so I'm not too concerned about his ability to think and write well.

[/ QUOTE ]

???

Because all doctors can write well?
Are you kidding?
Old 11-21-2005, 02:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It should be called:

"Joe Hachem: Pass the Sugar!"

[/ QUOTE ]

/agree

i think we have enough "how to" books, a personal book makes more sense!
Old 11-21-2005, 09:12 AM

What I would be interested is a book that combines combination of things...strategy, psychology, thought process etc...I mean raymer survived 2 of the largest fields .....that means he must know that something don't...if not for a bad beat he would have made 2 consecutive final tables through 2 largest fields in history...I think last year there were as many players as during the first 30 years of the event...I would like to know how either hachem or raymer approached each round....etc...how he applied different concepts of blinds relative to stack, other players at the table, position at the table relative to good players, number of players, etc....what were they thinking? How were they thinking of accumulating chips? what types of hands did they find most profitable? most troublesome? what types of strategies did they notice worked best....I understand a magician doesn't want to disclose his tricks but if they could answer at least some of these questions, it would be most helpful....

and because Hachem is a doctor it merely hints at his overall educational level..and probable intelligence which probably carries over to other things like poker....yes it doesn't make him a writer but as I said it speaks to his inteligence and drive.....8-10 years of education to become a doctor...
Old 11-21-2005, 11:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Because all doctors can write well?
Are you kidding?

[/ QUOTE ]
I do believe the ability to think critically and solve problems are traits of physicians. Doctors do have to express themselves in a clear, articulate manner. I would imagine most doctors can write better than the average person.
Old 11-21-2005, 11:21 AM

Old 11-21-2005, 12:44 PM

Sir, thank you very much. If I could have done that myself, I would have. I appreciate you taking the time to do it for me. Tell me where you play your live games, and the next time I'm in that area, I'll buy you a drink.
Old 11-21-2005, 12:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sir, thank you very much. If I could have done that myself, I would have. I appreciate you taking the time to do it for me. Tell me where you play your live games, and the next time I'm in that area, I'll buy you a drink.

[/ QUOTE ]

We have a wonderful state legislature that has blessed us with a wonderful law outlawing bets larger than $2 here in FL (Miami area) so I don't play much live. I never mind getting together with 2+2ers for a beer though.