Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-18-2005, 05:05 PM

Default Re: river bluff with 77 at 50NL

also, if I raise the flop wouldn't I be in trouble if the guy in fact has AT, since there would be no way he would let it go? Would it be better to push him off his overcards right there, or let him keep bluffing the turn and river.
Old 11-18-2005, 05:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
so you think I get called too many times when the opponent has AT, 88, 99, and he obviously folds everytime with two overcards like AK, AJ or KJ? What if I can get 88, and 99, to fold most of the time, along with KT and AT some of the time? What margin of error do I have for this kind of a raise?

[/ QUOTE ]

The way this hand played out, I highly doubt you will get a better hand to fold, perhaps 88 and 99, but not a 10. I think the flop is a raise or fold type deal. As played, I just call the river.
Old 11-18-2005, 05:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
also, if I raise the flop wouldn't I be in trouble if the guy in fact has AT, since there would be no way he would let it go? Would it be better to push him off his overcards right there, or let him keep bluffing the turn and river.

[/ QUOTE ]

By raising you would find out if he has overcards, or AT or a higher pair on the flop rather than paying him off all the way to the river. If you are certain he has overcards, letting him bluff is optimal I think, but how can you tell if you just keep calling?
Old 11-18-2005, 06:00 PM

IF you believe you are behind, AND you are going to make that bluff, make it bigger. Currently there is 18 (pot) + 6 (his bet) + 6 (your possible call) = 30.

Make it at least 25 to go for the bluff to succeed.
Old 11-18-2005, 06:02 PM

Raise turn. Laugh when he folds.
Old 11-19-2005, 02:07 AM

now that i look at it, raising the turn looks like the better play in that spot most of the time. i probably shouls have raised on the flop as well...come to think of it, i really hate using my call button most of the time