Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2005, 06:18 PM

Default Re: KQo Checkup

[ QUOTE ]
While a read on villian would be helpful, I like all streets. I think the river is a bet - fold to raise, as this is a value bet if villian would call down with a lesser queen or a lower pair.

I think the villian is looking for an overcall from the BB on the turn. Unless the Button is really loose, the pre-flop and flop cold calls are a little alarming. Looks like a flush draw to me. I don't think you are beating anything but a bluff on a busted draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed, and your opponent would have to be REALLY fishy if it was a busted draw that you were up against. I like all streets, although i may have check-called the river as most draws made it and top pair is vulnerable to a number of hands, but your still getting 11-1 if you check-call the river. If you are willing to sacrifice a big bet to find out where you are at on the river, you might as well show down for the same price, right
Old 11-17-2005, 07:56 PM

Not misplayed on every street.
Old 11-17-2005, 08:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (8 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, SB folds, BB calls.

Turn: (7 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, BB folds.

River: (9 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 12 BB

Standard right? What if villain is fishy? What if he's very good?

[/ QUOTE ]

Who is going to call your River bet with a hand other than Q, smaller kicker? Since two of the players are in the blinds, you have a better chance of being up against a str8, flush, or two pair. The str8 and/or two pair may be looking to ck/call a possible flush, and the flush looking to ck/raise your aggressive betting.

If I was in the blind with one of those made hands, and knew you 2b one who bets TPTC as a value bet on the River......well, I'm check/raising.

Why risk having to give up the pot to a raise by the Button, or a ck/raise bluff by the Blinds? I just don't see enough weaker hands possible that would call your value bet on the River.

I just got back from Atlantic City, playing 10/20, and recall one hand where I had AK in EP and hit nothing all the way the River, but was betting all the way. I bet the River, and my remaining opponent raised. I could make this bet, because I had a good read on my remaining opponent, but was surprised by his raise. I called, primarily because there were several players who say the Flop and a few who saw the Turn, so it was a good size pot. Plus, I could not see my remaining opponent not raising the Turn if he had had the Queen, which was the only card in the playing zone. He had nothing.

Of all the sessions I played during my 3 day visit, one element was present in all of them: Too much bluffing. So, on the River, I ck/call my lone pair hands.
Old 11-17-2005, 08:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
While a read on villian would be helpful, I like all streets. I think the river is a bet - fold to raise, as this is a value bet if villian would call down with a lesser queen or a lower pair.

I think the villian is looking for an overcall from the BB on the turn. Unless the Button is really loose, the pre-flop and flop cold calls are a little alarming. Looks like a flush draw to me. I don't think you are beating anything but a bluff on a busted draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you don't think he is beating anything but a bluff on a busted draw, why should he bet out? Why not use that bet to call with and preserve his chance of winning the pot? Are there that many holdings that his opponents could have that they would call his River bet with?
Old 11-17-2005, 08:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Every street was not misplayed, or not every street was misplayed?
Old 11-17-2005, 08:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Every street was not misplayed, or not every street was misplayed?

[/ QUOTE ]
What I mean was every street was not misplayed in my opinion.
Old 11-17-2005, 08:30 PM

I limp KQo here pre-flop, or fold it depending on conditions. You're coldcalled by tons of players and out of position much of the time in the Party 2/4 games.

Postflop, I hate your flop move. You make a critical error by raising the flop, and it will cost you the pot a lot of the time. Call this flop bet and raise any safe turn card. When you raise the flop, you offer the players to your left 5.5:1 on a call, and will inflate the pot such that the turn there will be no way to shut out draws with 6-7 outs or more, which is to say most draws.

If you'd played the flop right, you'd also have a ton more information on the turn. Reason being, BB would likely bet his hand again, you can raise, and if you're 3-bet by button you know you're beat. If he calls two bets, you may or may not be good and can re-evaluate on the river.

Button punked you with a flush, and you probably knew it before you bet the river, so why not c/c if you're gonna use a bet? Unless button is a total calling station, I don't see the utility in bet/folding here.
Old 11-17-2005, 08:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
SSH say limp with KQo in early postion.... But what do i know i am still new

[/ QUOTE ]

Me aggro 2p2 me like hand me raise. Me lose money doing so.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP
Old 11-17-2005, 09:22 PM

Holy [censored] are we really getting into a discussion on not raising KQo preflop UTG? Personally I raise this 100% of the time UTG, but I also don't think it is a leak either way. There is a quote in SSHE about multiple hour long debates about what the appropriate play is with KQo UTG and the conclusion Sklanksy came to was the either way it is unimportant. Meh is my final answer......
Old 11-17-2005, 09:22 PM

The only draw I'm worried about is a flush draw. Theres no way we can defend against it by calling the flop and raising the turn as they'll still be getting sufficient odds. What other draws are you wrried about? I raise the flop for value.