Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2005, 02:02 AM

Default Re: A couple hands from 2+2 tonight

well one of the only hands he should possibly donk into you is a 9, imo, and it's precisely because of what you'd likely do against a donk - maybe raise with nothing (or your overpairs), maybe call and raise a rag turn, maybe just call me down with A-high. maybe you'll call, hit your K and raise me, allowing me to make it trey.

that's like the only hand i would want to bet if i were him
Old 11-17-2005, 02:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
some taking this table seriously, some raising with junk

[/ QUOTE ]

myself and jax were playing serious

I might have made a few loose raises when the game went full out of boredom, but was playing Agame postflop

I don't remember much for ppl getting out of hand, in terms of raises preflop

bizzare coldcalls first in, and postflop lines OTOH
Old 11-17-2005, 02:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
well one of the only hands he should possibly donk into you is a 9, imo, and it's precisely because of what you'd likely do against a donk - maybe raise with nothing (or your overpairs), maybe call and raise a rag turn, maybe just call me down with A-high. maybe you'll call, hit your K and raise me, allowing me to make it trey.

that's like the only hand i would want to bet if i were him

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, but I knew OP was kind of new-ish and was likely not aware if this play. He had been pretty straightforward
Old 11-17-2005, 02:12 AM

So then the best line here is a c/r? I assume that's what you're advocating.

I appreciate the tough love here, this is exactly what I wanted: to improve my postflop play.
Old 11-17-2005, 02:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So then the best line here is a c/r? I assume that's what you're advocating.

I appreciate the tough love here, this is exactly what I wanted: to improve my postflop play.

[/ QUOTE ]

I c/r flop almost every time here. This makes it very hard for villain to play overcards that can kill you.
Old 11-17-2005, 02:23 AM

Yeah, the BB defense is clearly wrong, IMO, but I the 3-bet is a bit loose as well, but I was trying to get to flops in interesting situations. Maybe I should do this on tables that aren't full of really smart 5/10 players....

On hand 2, if we just call the flop, what is our line when the SB bets the turn and BB folds? Call again? Raise? What about the river?
Old 11-17-2005, 02:37 AM

I call and raise the turn.
Old 11-17-2005, 02:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, the BB defense is clearly wrong, IMO, but I the 3-bet is a bit loose as well, but I was trying to get to flops in interesting situations. Maybe I should do this on tables that aren't full of really smart 5/10 players....

On hand 2, if we just call the flop, what is our line when the SB bets the turn and BB folds? Call again? Raise? What about the river?

[/ QUOTE ]

well for starters, over the past 9-12months or so, in serious 2+2games, I am probably the biggest overall loser, I played a ton(most likely more than anyone from micro), lost a lot, constantly played in games that featured players at higher limits than me, or lower limits than me(for non-skill reasons, that could stomp me, i.e. Jaran) .. with many being much better than me postflop(which is what really matters in these games)

one session that really stood out to me, was I had entity directly on my left, and he 3bet me about 15times, and destroyed me postflop .. he would really mix things up, and it was very difficult for me at the time to deal with .. I believe he was playing 5/10 at the time.

what it did was make me focus more on postflop, handreading, and pay more attention to how players were playing, and evaluate situations postflop, when I had often been a fairly autopilot player postflop. As long as the lessons aren't too expensive relative to your BR, I am all for playing in these often very tough games. I have come full circle, I feel very confident against most lineups that still play in the games, and often am the person making life hell for the poor guy getting 3bet by me .. keep at it, study, respond to threads, and try to take away as much as possible from the games

I think the price I paid for the skills i picked up was a bargain.
Old 11-17-2005, 04:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

well for starters, over the past 9-12months or so, in serious 2+2games, I am probably the biggest overall loser, I played a ton(most likely more than anyone from micro), lost a lot, constantly played in games that featured players at higher limits than me, or lower limits than me(for non-skill reasons, that could stomp me, i.e. Jaran) .. with many being much better than me postflop(which is what really matters in these games)

one session that really stood out to me, was I had entity directly on my left, and he 3bet me about 15times, and destroyed me postflop .. he would really mix things up, and it was very difficult for me at the time to deal with .. I believe he was playing 5/10 at the time.

what it did was make me focus more on postflop, handreading, and pay more attention to how players were playing, and evaluate situations postflop, when I had often been a fairly autopilot player postflop. As long as the lessons aren't too expensive relative to your BR, I am all for playing in these often very tough games. I have come full circle, I feel very confident against most lineups that still play in the games, and often am the person making life hell for the poor guy getting 3bet by me .. keep at it, study, respond to threads, and try to take away as much as possible from the games

I think the price I paid for the skills i picked up was a bargain.

[/ QUOTE ]

I also played some good players in these 2+2 games (though not nearly enough). You really can learn a lot from it, especially about hand reading and how to play against TAGs (which becomes more important as you move up). One particular session that stands out for me is playing 3-4 handed with entity GoT and somebody else (maybe actually bottomset or tiltaholic). I got handled, and learned a lot. People should not be afraid to join these games, especially if you can get SH with some knowlegeable players. wanted to bump this for the day crowd.
Old 11-17-2005, 04:47 PM

Last night's game was goot. I am up for another tonight if anyone else is in.