Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2005, 04:29 PM

Default Re: QQ $2/$5 live hand

right after i called he asked, "do you have an A?" i showed my queens and he looked confused and threw his hand in the muck. the guy next to him told me later that he had had J7o.
Old 11-14-2005, 04:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
right after i called he asked, "do you have an A?" i showed my queens and he looked confused and threw his hand in the muck. the guy next to him told me later that he had had J7o.

[/ QUOTE ]

nh
Old 11-14-2005, 04:32 PM

I don't think he takes so long to bet that Ace either, unless he was just slow rolling to try and get you to think he didn't have an Ace. Was he that cunning? lol

I also am struggling to think of a 5x hand he'd call with here, although you did say he called a lot of raises, so it's possible.

Based on your reads, I like the turn and river, but obviously you're folding against a solid opponent right?

I'm guessing this guy turned over QJ. If he turned over J5, A5 or AJ, sorry dude.
Old 11-14-2005, 05:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think he takes so long to bet that Ace either, unless he was just slow rolling to try and get you to think he didn't have an Ace. Was he that cunning? lol

[/ QUOTE ]

The ace appears to have scared him. So it means Jx, or 5x and he puts you on AA.
Old 11-14-2005, 05:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would have raised on the flop to $225, you more than likely have the best hand at that point and that might have slowed the villain down.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is brutally horrible advice. You are up against an agressive villain that thinks you'll fold to aggression. You have the probable best hand but if the villain has a 5 you are way behind. If you are ahead, the 55 on the board gives you two pair so villain is likely drawing to 2 outs if his kicker is smaller than a Q and he's got 5 outs if it's larger than a queen. Given this villain i'd say that's a tossup so give villain between 3 and 4 outs on average here if he's behind.

If you raise here you are letting villain off the hook...he's folding to a reraise almost certainly and he's SURELY folding on the turn if you reraise the flop. You want villain betting here...it's a tough line to take but he'll bet a lot more hands than he'll call with, so you let him bet. Raising just folds out the worse hands and he calls you on the flop with a 5. I think hero played the hand masterfully. Very well done.
Old 11-14-2005, 05:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i don't think that he thinks he's bluffing.

[/ QUOTE ]

hahahahaha, very nice. gh too, saw results.
Old 11-14-2005, 05:20 PM

Perfect. You beat his jack or lower pair.
Old 11-14-2005, 06:13 PM

Thanks for the critique, what you are saying makes perfect sense. Still learning here!