Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2005, 02:49 AM

Default Re: Continuation bets

[ QUOTE ]

I guess I took "posting guidelines" to be something about bison bisons hand converter, common abbreviations, etc.

Not to mention in the FAQ the links to more good threads should be easily identifiable, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

shhh...

we're trying to keep things all "hush hush"...many favor not having an FAQ at all b/c the learning curve does good thingns for keeping the quality of posts here high + game preservation etc.

Surf
Old 11-14-2005, 02:51 AM

You just hate me because I'm a bodyboarder.

DON'T DENY IT

LIAR

(did I just hijack my own thread?)
Old 11-14-2005, 02:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]

1. QT on 972r flop

2. KJ on T87r flop

3. A8 on T75r flop

4. QJ on 852r flop

Always bet these? Ack.

[/ QUOTE ]

1. I'd check. hitting an OESD on the turn is great, and we don't have much fold equity. Our hand is much less likely to be best.

2. Check. 2 weak players with average cards are going to hit this flop or make drawing hands often. We really want to pair up or improve to a draw...if our hand is currently best its a reverse implied odds nightmare.

3. I'll bet here, over-under type hands may fold and our hand rates bto be best more often.

4. I'll bet here too, not many hands have improved and we'd like to keep the initiative. We can followup on good turn cards like A/K/Q/J, else we can take a free river.

Surf
Old 11-14-2005, 02:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You just hate me because I'm a bodyboarder.

DON'T DENY IT

LIAR

(did I just hijack my own thread?)

[/ QUOTE ]

OMFG. THAT type of sponger? I thought it was like sponge-bets. DIE BODYBOARDER!

*ahem*

Surf
Old 11-14-2005, 02:55 AM

Anyone who rides a sponge gets auto respect in my books [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-14-2005, 03:09 AM

Thank you for that post. Also, I found this picture of a few of your buddies. Enjoy!

Old 11-14-2005, 03:51 AM

hi sponger,

i will teach how to beat 10/20short for 1bb/100 if you introduce me to some desperate cali girls with low self-esteem.
Old 11-14-2005, 04:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
hi sponger,

i will teach how to beat 10/20short for 1bb/100 if you introduce me to some desperate cali girls with low self-esteem.

[/ QUOTE ]

POTD
Old 11-14-2005, 04:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]

QT on 972r flop

KJ on T87r flop

A8 on T75r flop

QJ on 852r flop

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I normally continuation bet all of these, since we have overcards, and the flops are not so coordinated, yet slightly coordinated.

Looking at things in PokerStove against 2 random opponents (I know our opponents hands arn't random, as they probably would have raised the top x% of hands, but I think this is somewhat counteracted by the fact that they would have folded the bottom y% of hands):

1. Here we have 24% equity, but if we get out opponents to fold 1/3 of the time, we get an extra ~10% equity boost, so maybe we can bet. The free card turn card may be more valueble, but if you know you can get a free river, then I think a bet might be best.
2. Here we have 32% equity, so our bet seems mandatory.
3. Here we have 28% equity, and we have the ace high for good showdown value against unimproved draws, so i think maybe we still bet this, even though we don't have 2 overcards.
4. Here we have 23% equity, so are basically in the same as situation 1.

Hopefully this still makes sense, even though my hand ranges in PokerStove are a bit off.
Old 11-14-2005, 11:41 AM

I have always had a problem with pokerstove (and again with SNGpower tools) because its so hard to put people on a specific enough range of hand. Like 50% of the .5/1 & 1/2 players are in the 50vpip/5pfr, so I'm not sure what you put in there, but it seems rather sketchy but you gave me a good general idea.

I suppose in hands 2&3 I have good showdown value so those should be a for sure bet, but I'm suppose to tread more cautiously with just Q high?

I was briefly talking with Evan over AIM about some overcards situations and he basically said that if there are only 2 opponents and he has position he is betting every time. Hmmmm, well I guess the question lives on then. So frustrating! People NEVER FOLD! hahahahaha