Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2005, 09:56 PM

Default Re: 5-10 PARTY POKER HAND..............

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for your replies guys. But if he caps the flop and then pops me again on 4th street, he is SHOUTING that I am beat. Does he have to drop a load of bricks on my head to know that I am not winning? Why call the turn raise and a subsequent river bet knowing that I am beat? Thats 2 BB and an hours worth of work.....give or take.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is why I'd hesitate before leading the turn. Once Villain caps the flop, there is a pretty good chance we're behind, and if Villain has a pair + gutshot hand, well, he may not take the free card, and he wasn't folding anyway, so the free card won't cost us the pot when he does take it.

Still, if you lead the turn (and based on the aggressive flop play I've been seeing lately at 5/10, in addition to the semi-regular turn check behinds I've also been seeing, I think I would), I think you have enough combined chances of being ahead of a hand like AK or KQ and of outdrawing a hand like KT to make calling down worthwhile, in this now huge pot.
Old 11-13-2005, 11:45 PM

Hey Nick....well this is how I played it...and I am embarrased to admit it. I check called 4th and 5th streets and the idiot showed me KT for two pair. He called me pf cold and got clobbered. My thought process was this....if he has KK he obviously 3 bets pf. If he has 99 or TT he probably does the same thing also. I am only terrified of QJ. All that being said, I figure I am surely beaten and most likely by two pair....ie KT or K9. Thus I did not lead the turn because leading into a better hand when you honestly feel you are behind is absurd. So I check called and when 5th street blanked I called again. The reason I am embarrassed is because I truly felt his two pair was K something....which means that I could not count on the K pairing which would give me 2 pair. So even if the idiot had T9 which makes the K an out for me, I would not have called if the K pairs. So all that being said I did not have the odds to draw and I am upset with myself for doing just that.
Old 11-14-2005, 12:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hey Nick....well this is how I played it...and I am embarrased to admit it. I check called 4th and 5th streets and the idiot showed me KT for two pair. He called me pf cold and got clobbered. My thought process was this....if he has KK he obviously 3 bets pf. If he has 99 or TT he probably does the same thing also. I am only terrified of QJ. All that being said, I figure I am surely beaten and most likely by two pair....ie KT or K9. Thus I did not lead the turn because leading into a better hand when you honestly feel you are behind is absurd. So I check called and when 5th street blanked I called again. The reason I am embarrassed is because I truly felt his two pair was K something....which means that I could not count on the K pairing which would give me 2 pair. So even if the idiot had T9 which makes the K an out for me, I would not have called if the K pairs. So all that being said I did not have the odds to draw and I am upset with myself for doing just that.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really don't see how you're taking his PF cold call and his flop raise to be 2-pair. His range of hands here is huge. By your line of thinking, you should have just folded to the flop raise? You should only be frustrated with yourself for playing AA so passively.