Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2005, 12:52 PM

Default Re: A blind steal - A4o

I don't like raising the turn for the simple reason that the sb is padding the pot. Why would I want to push him out? I have a player who I'm pretty sure I have beat betting at me, plus another player calling hopelessly along. By raising I say, 'well actually, you're both fecked,' and there's a good chance they'll fold. I don't want them to fold.
Plus there is the possibility that I'm already beat. Wouldn't it suck big huge donkey balls to raise the turn and get reraised in such an average size pot?
Old 11-12-2005, 12:58 PM

I like, let the BB bluff at you

SB won't have very many outs very often, so he's not a big concern

Old 11-12-2005, 01:07 PM

SB is almost never hopelessly tagging along in this situation, there are way too many draws and your hand is way too vulnerable to let him get off easily. From the first couple of posts, I got the impression that he doesnt fold anything, so why not give him the opportunity to call two?

Getting 3bet by a lagtard doesnt suck all that badly, imo, because the majority of the time youre gonna be ahead when you make the initial raise, and who knows...he might be 3betting with a shittier hand, either way, I'm showing down against "crazy LAG".
Old 11-12-2005, 01:13 PM

He was a LAG but he wasn't crazy. The calling station would fold to a double bet on the turn when obviously beat.
Old 11-12-2005, 01:18 PM

I like it. The pot is small so getting suckout will not keep you up all night. Let the small blind probably pad the pot for you and dingus (BB). If dingus is ahead you've lost the least while advertising that you'll keep him honest. If BB is behind why should we let him know that when we can keep SB in too.
Old 11-12-2005, 01:57 PM

For some reason, I have a strong desire to raise this river. Discuss.

-Jaran
Old 11-12-2005, 01:57 PM

I like. If BB is laggy then no need to raise the turn as these shorthanded LAGS could re-raise with air and put you into a tough spot. The SB calling station can do as he pleases, chances are he is nowhere or drawing mighty thin.

I play it the same 95% of the time. The other 5% is for when the laggy player is really a maniac whereby I can call a re-raise still knowing I have the best hand most of the time. The only time I am folding this is if the passive SB wakes up and bets or raises as that usually means 2 pair or better.
Old 11-12-2005, 02:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]

-Jaran

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't fancy a river raise here. Not sure how many worse hands we are getting to call. Also in the best case senario SB folds and BB call and we win the same as the overcall. If we are behind to a anything from a bigger ace to a flush we then get a 3 bet that we should not call but might do if the LAG is the one doing it. Also if the SB did call our raise then that could easily indicate that he has us beat instead of or as well as the BB.

IMO a raise here is a little to aggro and likely to be -EV.
Old 11-12-2005, 02:06 PM

HU yes, I raise the river. Since it's 3 handed I'm inclined to just call since a raise is likely to drive out the other guy and exposes you to a possible 3 bet if you are beat. On the other hand, if you are ahead (very likely) then you probably net the same as a call. A raise basically opens you to unnecessary risk with no real reward.
Old 11-12-2005, 02:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]

-Jaran

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Jaran, haven't seen you for a while.

I thought about raising but figured that the overcall would be better. If the LAG is full of it then he's not calling, and the calling station is much more likely to call one than two. Or are you thinking along the lines that you only go for overcalls with a strong hand and you want to raise it with a weak hand?