Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: On which site does the majority of your cash game play take place?
Prima Poker 3 2.54%
Other 19 16.10%
Paradise Poker 4 3.39%
Ultimate Bet 6 5.08%
Poker Stars 12 10.17%
Party Poker 74 62.71%
Voters: 118. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-12-2005, 03:05 PM

Default Re: Best Star Wars pre-Episode 4 stuff?

[ QUOTE ]
I liked ROTS, the lightsabre fights were good. However, Anakins betrayal took about 5 minutes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just saw it last night for the first time. This was my one gripe.
Old 11-12-2005, 03:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I haven't seen any of them. Heard 3 was pretty good, but considering that's from people who like Star Wars in the first place, I take it with a bit of a grain of salt. But I heard 2 was terrible. But to get to 3, I feel like I'd have to watch 1 and 2, in order, to know what's going on.

It all sounds kind of like too much work just to get to 3, so I haven't bothered yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not really. Just watch 2. It's really not that bad.

To know the important stuff of Episode 1, just read a plot summary.
Old 11-12-2005, 03:41 PM

I had my Star Wars-fanatic son do the poll. ROTS without a doubt.
Old 11-12-2005, 03:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I haven't seen any of them. Heard 3 was pretty good, but considering that's from people who like Star Wars in the first place, I take it with a bit of a grain of salt. But I heard 2 was terrible. But to get to 3, I feel like I'd have to watch 1 and 2, in order, to know what's going on.

It all sounds kind of like too much work just to get to 3, so I haven't bothered yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

My girlfriend hadn't seen any of them (including the original trilogy) and still loved ep 3 when I dragged her to see it. She then proceeded to fall asleep any time we tried to watch ep 1 or 2 to catch her up on the story.
Old 11-12-2005, 04:04 PM

I just found that ROTS was full of obvious marketing ploys and without any convincing characterisation or dialogue at all. I sat in the cinema shaking my head and cursing. The way he turned to the dark side was such a total joke, and a perfect example of Lucas's writing ability.

ATOC was the best for me, it had a semi-complex plot with some good character acting and didn't have many segments that were blatently designed to sell merchandise. It was still relatively poor of course, just the best of a bad bunch.

Oh and as Diebitter says, the Clone Wars cartoon is excellent. It's written and directed by Genndy Tartakovsky, the man behind Samurai Jack, Dexters Lab, and the Powerpuff Girls.
Old 11-12-2005, 04:12 PM

The cutesy toy-sellingness of the Star Wars franchise has always tainted it for me, too. I felt extremely shamelessly manipulated with that horrible ewok stuff in episode 6, kinda like when I saw Gremlins and half the movie seemed like a toy commercial. Ugh. Makes you wanna take a shower after to scrape off the sleaze.