Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Texas Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2005, 07:55 AM

Default Re: Best Place To Live While Playing Poker?

Thanks, I'll have to look into these locations. I won't know how to decide [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 11-12-2005, 08:09 AM

Why don't make half a year in each place. Spend 2-3 years or more. This is pretty much my plan unless some cute girl stops me [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] (oooh, the girls here are great [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]).

P.S. Personally I also think playing a bit against good players for practice is important to do in such a scenario, because I really don't think that playing 2005 will be sufficient to make a good living in 2008.
Old 11-12-2005, 08:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why don't make half a year in each place. Spend 2-3 years or more. This is pretty much my plan unless some cute girl stops me [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] (oooh, the girls here are great [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]).

P.S. Personally I also think playing a bit against good players for practice is important to do in such a scenario, because I really don't think that playing 2005 will be sufficient to make a good living in 2008.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good idea on moving from place to place. I do not think I will still be playing poker for a living in 2-3 years so what you speak of shouldn't be a problem [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-12-2005, 04:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bastards and thieves all of them. Taxes are such a waste. If I didn't have to pay them I might actually be able to save some money.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't any of you guys know the secret to accumulating wealth?
Spend less than you make.
Enjoy your life.

Dogmeat [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Old 11-12-2005, 06:10 PM

I hear Slovenia is very nice.
Old 11-12-2005, 06:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bastards and thieves all of them. Taxes are such a waste. If I didn't have to pay them I might actually be able to save some money.

[/ QUOTE ]
How very nice of your neighbors to provide you with all those interstate freeways, roads, schools, carrier groups, fire and police protection, etc., for free. Certainly no reason for you to waste your precious money on taxes when the rest of us don't mind picking up your share.
Old 11-12-2005, 08:02 PM

I'm going to Prague in the new year. Cost of living is very cheap, its a great city with all of europe on your doorstop, not to mention cheap downhill skiing too.

-SmileyEH