Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2005, 07:55 AM

Default Re: KQs runs into super TAG

*grunch*

Pre-flop I cap this for sure. MP2 may have you dominated but there is so much dead money in from the other guys we have good value here.

Flop- I will call this and then donk-bet a non-diamond turn. I would like to check-raise here but need to be SURE that MP2 will bet. The donk is also good as if he raises again the CO who could be drawing has to pay a decent price for it and might make a mistake and fold.

If I do get it heads up after a CO raise I will bet/call the river unless an ace comes then I might check/call. I would expect to see KK JJ or AK here a lot of the time.
Old 11-10-2005, 09:00 AM

I like the preflop, but would fold on the flop.
Old 11-10-2005, 09:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I like the preflop, but would fold on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

BOOOOOOOOO

j/k

folding this flop is pretty poor with only 3 pfr'ing hands ahead of you
Old 11-10-2005, 09:52 AM

* grunch *

Do you have a read on CO? He cold-called 3 on the flop. What can we assume his hand range might be?

If we can assume that CO is a decent player he is probably holding a good hand as well but probably not AA or KK or AKs (because he would have capped the flop). If so I probably have put him on a diamond draw. Villian likely has AA-TT or AK so Hero is dominated by 60% of Villian's likely holdings and he can't even be too overly enthusiastic about a Q falling for fear of a set of Qs. What to do, what to do?

Fold? There are 18.5SBs in the pot so folding gives up too much. Hero could see a [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] or a Q (true that Hero can't be over enthusiastic about the Q, especially the Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] but it would increase Hero's chances against big slick) so folding is probably not the best choice.

Raise? This type of situation is much easier to handle if it is heads-up especially without a read on CO. A raise is not bad here at all if it has a chance to eliminate one of our opponents. The trouble is that the pot is so getting so large that either one will almost have to call as even drawing to two outs begins to make sense and they will only have to call one.

Call? Looks like the best option.
Old 11-10-2005, 01:23 PM

Grunch

Range of hands pre-flop: AA-99, AK-AT, maybe KQs-KTs. Maybe a few more but not much. With a vpip of 16, he seems to look for premium hands and then push every edge. An aggro of 6? wow.

Post flop, he's either got K's with a better kicker, AA-KK, A-x suited flush draw, or possibly trips. Figure he might be bluffing 5-10%.

You've got top pair good kicker and a runner runner flush draw. It's one SB back to you at 18.5:1 odds now...I'd call for the one more bet. It's a big pot. From there I'd reassess on the turn and c/f if unimproved, possible c/c or bet out if a favorable card falls and I don't think it improved his hand.
Old 11-10-2005, 01:31 PM

do you think this guy thinks you're a good player?
Old 11-10-2005, 02:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
do you think this guy thinks you're a good player?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was gonna ask about this. Have you been using the isolation raise a lot? Enough that another TAG might notice and be re-isolating you?
Old 11-10-2005, 02:51 PM

No one has done this yet, so i'll try:

behind to:
AA (6 ways)
KK (1 way )
AK (8 ways)

ahead of:
QQ (3 ways)
JJ (6 ways)
AQ (12 ways)
(plus, if Villain is re-isolating your or otherwise really aggro preflop)
TT (6 ways)
99? (6 ways)
AJs (4 ways)

So you're actually looking pretty good against his range. Maybe a 3-bet for value is good since, as elindauer points out, CO is going to keep donating. But then, what do we do if Villain caps?
Old 11-10-2005, 03:06 PM

Why did you bet into the preflop 3-bettor?
Old 11-10-2005, 03:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
*grunch*
Preflop - probably would not raise from early position here unless its very loose (6 or more outinely seeing flop) and passive game (and at least for this hnad it seems pretty aggressive)

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh man, someone else already stole my line, because when I read this, my immediate reaction was BOOOOO!!! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

My standard disclaimer is I play 6-max, so I might be too aggressive pre-flop, but I'm pretty sure this is awful. Always raise KQs pre-flop if the pot hasn't been raised. 1/3rd of the time you will flop a king or queen, and I think only about 1/6th of those times will there also be an ace. 6% of the time you will make a flush, although effectively this number is a little lower because you may fold if only one of your suit flops. Call it 5%. Then there is the possible straight. I don't know the numbers but KQ can only make two straights. I’m making this up, but call that 4%. So even assuming you will always be up against an ace when you play this (not the case), you still have ~35% equity in a multi-way pot.

I could go on, but the point is you’ve got to raise this, especially after a limper. The more relevant pre-flop question here is whether to cap it when it comes back to you. I’ve read one vote for yes, but I’m not sure personally.

If I'm way off base on this, someone please let me know though.