Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2005, 02:50 PM

Default Re: (22) Just making sure this is correct

[ QUOTE ]
So when you make this push, are you actually hoping for a call because you have a strong draw?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, you're hoping for a fold, because you are a slight favorite at best. But if you are called, you have plenty of outs, obviously.
Old 11-10-2005, 03:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd make a pot sized continuation bet. You can find out if your behind for less then your entire stack. At this level, players in the blinds love to check raise. You might get a call from a flush draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you bet 300 with 375 left behind, it would be a gigantic mistake to fold if you were check raised. You want everyone to fold here but you're looking at 9 outs to the nuts and potentially more outs against 1 pair. Likewise, if you get called you can't fold the turn, so why not get it all in here and maximize your chance of getting a fold?
Old 11-10-2005, 03:13 PM

Ok. But you still want to push rather than a pot or similar sized c-bet, because if you were check-raised on that c-bet, you'd have to call the all-in anyway. Makes sense.

If you did cbet this and it was called and then checked to you on the turn, this would probably be a situation where you'd push all-in on the turn no matter what the turn card was, right?
Old 11-10-2005, 03:16 PM

You think anyone who had called would fold the turn for 300 with 1500 or whatever in the pot?

You want to maximize FE here. You push.
Old 11-10-2005, 03:55 PM

Ok. Thanks. Seems like you guys might have helped me plug a leak in my game too. Seems I need to think more about when to cbet vs. when to push when relatively short-stacked.