Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2005, 06:52 PM

Default Re: \"luck\" indicators...please help!

[ QUOTE ]
jeeezus f'ing christ!! i understand varience and sample size they have no relation to what im asking here. im asking what the baseline winrates are for certain hands so that in THE SHORT RUN one can see how far off they are. here, let me spell this out for you...if you were in the midst of a 200 bb downswing and you were getting and winning all hands 2pair or better at the baseline rate you would know you were playing bad and leaking chips somewhere BUT if you were getting less of these hands and/or winning at a lower than expected rate with these hands you would need not tinker w/ your game due to the fact tthat your loss could be explained through "bad luck" and not a leak! DO U UNDERSTAND A WORD THAT IS COMING OUT OF MY MOUTH.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't read most of that, but how could you possibly be a winning player?
Old 11-09-2005, 03:10 PM

I think the basic answer you're going to get is that such statistics take a very large sample size to converge and for now you should not worry about them but instead post specific hands/situations where you were confused to re-tool your game.
Old 11-09-2005, 03:23 PM

Hey prop I understand what you are asking and I think these numbers would be interesting and helpful if we can come up with them. I know I can't help you but how about cross posting this in the probability forum, those guys love the number crunching stuff.
If you find what you are looking for let us know.
Old 11-09-2005, 03:29 PM

Jesus effing christ this thread sucks. What's the baseline percentage that you suck at poker and give me the standard suckrate at which you achieved this level of suck.
Old 11-09-2005, 03:40 PM

I've identified your leak. You're on TILT. You ask for help and act like this? I understand your question and actually could help you with this but probably won't. Try decaff and some manners and perhaps your winrate will improve.
Old 11-09-2005, 04:08 PM

Check out
Won $ WSF %? Thread on this forum a month ago.
PokerRoom gives EV for all sttarting hands for average players according to positon and number of opponnents.
You need to analyze individual hands not stats on whether your two pairs are holding up- the 1000BB drop is shouting that at you.