Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2005, 09:26 AM

Default Re: AA whats your line?

I raise on the flop. This is not enough of a monster not to bet out. Let Villian define his hand with a reraise or a call. Continue to play strongly on the turn. If villian is still in love with his hand then start to worry about a set and maybe slow down on the river. You will win a lot of money in situations like this when Villian pairs his AQ, KQ, and QJs. You will lose a lot of money when Villian holds QQ, 55, 22 (all of which are good preflop calls for the BB, though it is more correct to raise with QQ).
Old 11-09-2005, 11:37 AM

Ram and jam the flop, call down to more agg on turn.

Oh wait no fold the flop, he has a set of 6's [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-09-2005, 02:06 PM

Your preflop raise is standard, but I would have re-raised the flop here. I like being aggressive...The way you played your flop you intended to RR his turn bet and you did only to get a 3bet, I think you still should of capped, Iam sure he will still 3bet you with his top pair Q, so you can still be ahead here....If I capped and he still bet into me on the river I might just call, but I sometimes I might re-raise too...

Hades18
Old 11-09-2005, 05:08 PM

Sorry meant to type 5's. Thanks for the help
Old 11-09-2005, 05:22 PM

...doin' the mid-afternoon lull grunch...

I'm sorry, but you have to raise that flop. AA is susciptile to lots of draws, not just flush and straight, but two pair, trips, etc. In most cases, you want to pick up the pot right here.

turn: well, as you have not allowed BB to define his hand, we are not sure if we're ahead on this turn enough to cap. Calling the 3-bet is just fine.

river: a raise might be in order on this river. I expect villain to call a raise with a lot of hands we beat enough to justify our calling his cap with two raggedy pair. I'm going to predict that he showed A4.

all in all tho, I think this was lost on the flop...